Welfena Suspension 150ml
By AKUMS DRUGS AND PHARMACEUTICAL LTD
150ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Welfena 231 MG Description
Welfena Suspension is an oral solution used for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia of varied origins and provides faster correction of iron deficiency. It replenishes the iron stores in your bo
dy. It contains sodium feredetate, as its active ingredient. This form of iron is less likely to cause teeth discolouration and stomach upset. It can be used by pregnant women, children or adults having anaemia due to rheumatoid arthritis. You should take Welfena Suspension in prescribed doses and duration as advised by your doctor. Take it regularly for effective results.
|You Save||₹9.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Sodium Feredetate(231.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Iron deficiency anaemia|
|Side effects||Nausea, mild diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Sodium Feredetate(231.0 Mg)
Uses of Welfena 231 MG
Welfena Suspension is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia.
Contraindications of Welfena 231 MG
- If you are allergic to sodium feredetate or any of its components.
- If you have a history of allergy to iron-containing preparations.
- If you recently had a blood transfusion.
- If you have a condition of iron haemochromatosis or iron overload (a condition in which your body stores too much iron which can be harmful).
- If you are taking iron injections.
Side effects of Welfena 231 MG
- Mild diarrhoea
Precautions and Warnings of Welfena 231 MG
Can I take Welfena Suspension during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should take Welfena Suspension only if prescribed by the doctor. The doctor will suggest the specific dose as per the requirement.
Can I take Welfena Suspension while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mothers should always take Welfena Suspension only if prescribed to you.
Can I drive if I have consumed Welfena Suspension?
It is unlikely that Welfena Suspension will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Welfena Suspension?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Welfena Suspension. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a condition of haemolytic anaemia (a disorder in which red blood cells are destroyed faster than they can be made).
- You have a gastrointestinal disease such as liver, gall bladder disorder and pancreas problem etc.
- Your child is taking Welfena Suspension for a prolonged duration or high doses of iron, as it can cause toxicity in the body.
- You are going to have any kind of stool test. As iron preparations can make your stool or faeces dark coloured, so it may impair the test results
Mode of Action of Welfena 231 MG
How Does It Work?
Sodium Feredetate acts as an iron source, which is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. It is also a part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It does not cause teeth discolouration and prevents stomach upset, unlike other iron-containing medicines....
Directions for Use of Welfena 231 MG
- Take Welfena Suspension as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Do not consume it more than prescribed.
Interactions of Welfena 231 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Welfena Suspension if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements including iron-containing medicines or tonics as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are already taking anti-hypertensive medicines, antacids, immunosuppressants, antibiotics, anti-hyperlipidemic medicines, medicines for arthritis, medicine for Wilson's disease, medicine for metal poisoning, etc....
- You are already taking supplements for indigestion, antacid remedies or other mineral supplements.
- Avoid taking tea, milk, vitamin C, milk, egg and caffeine along with Welfena Suspension, as it may interfere with the activity of sodium feredetate.
Storage and disposal of Welfena 231 MG
- Store it below 25°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Welfena 231 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, diarrhoea, tiredness, fast heartbeat etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and experience any of such signs, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Welfena Suspension safe for pregnant women?
A: Yes, you can take this syrup during pregnancy but only if it is prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Does Welfena Suspension used for weight gain?
A: No, Welfena Suspension is not meant for weight gain. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
Q: What is Welfena Suspension used for?
A: Welfena Suspension is an oral solution for treating anaemia caused by too little iron in the body (iron deficiency anaemia)
Q: How to take Welfena Suspension?
A: You should take Welfena Suspension as directed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without a meal or as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. And at the same time, avoid taking this medicine along with tea and coffee and maintain a difference of at least 1 hour between them.
Q: What is the dose of Welfena Suspension?
A: The physician will decide the dose and duration based on the underlying condition and how you respond to this medicine. Do not take too much of Welfena Suspension, as this could be harmful.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed