Viva D Drops 15ml
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Viva D 800 IU Description
Viva D Drops 15ml contains Vitamin D3 which is also known as cholecalciferol or colecalciferol.
|You Save||₹9.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(800.0 Iu)|
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(800.0 Iu)
Uses of Viva D 800 IU
- For the treatment and prevention of vitamin D and calcium deficiency in children.
- For the treatment of rickets in children. Rickets is a condition in which bones become soft and weak due to a deficiency of vitamin D in growing children. It can lead to pain, delayed growth & developmental delay in children. ...
- As a supplement, when vitamin D requirement of the body is high, in growing children and children who are not exposed to sunlight frequently.
Precautions and Warnings of Viva D 800 IU
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has any existing medical condition or he/she is born prematurely.
- Your child is currently on other medications, supplements as vitamin D may interact with them.
- You should not give this supplement to your child if they are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- Your child has any upcoming vaccination or diagnostic schedule. You may be asked to stop giving this supplement before, during or after any diagnostic procedure or vaccination schedule.
- Do not give any other product containing vitamin D to your child when they are taking this supplement. It might lead to increased levels of vitamin D in the body.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients and Benefits of Viva D 800 IU
- Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth of bones.
- It helps in the formation of strong bones and teeth and also improves immunity to fight against infections.
- If your child does not get enough vitamin D they are more likely to experience bone-related problems such as fractures and weakness.
- Adequate levels of vitamin D in the body can prevent a bone-related disease called rickets in children, a condition of soft and weak bones.
Directions for Use of Viva D 800 IU
- Give this supplement to your child preferably after a meal or as advised by your doctor.
- You should not give supplements to your child more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Viva D 800 IU
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the best source of vitamin D?
A: Sunlight is the best source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is formed under the skin when we are exposed to the sun. Sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes ensures sufficient formation of vitamin D in your child and prevents vitamin D deficiency and related diseases.
Q: Which foods are a good source of vitamin D?
A: Seafood, cod liver oil, cheese, egg yolk and mushrooms are some good source of vitamin D. Apart from this, certain food products which are fortified with vitamin D are also a good source of vitamin D.
Q: Why does vitamin D deficiency occur in children?
A: Vitamin D is synthesized under the skin on sun exposure. Limited exposure of babies and children to sunlight results in vitamin D deficiency. It also occurs due to inadequate dietary intake, increased requirement, impaired absorption by the body. It is common among children allergic to milk products or lactose intolerant.
Q: Why is vitamin D essential for children?
A: Vitamin D is required for the healthy functioning and growth of bones and teeth. It is also essential for optimal growth, immunity and brain functions.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you