Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
By FDC LIMITED
2.5ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection Description
Vitcofol C injection is a combination of various nutrients. It helps in the growth and maintenance of the body at cellular levels. Thereby, aiding in recovery from various conditions like weakness, f
atigue, megaloblastic anaemia, dull skin and hair, loss of appetite, high cholesterol that may arise due to nutritional deficiencies. Vitcofol C contains vitamin B3, vitamin B12, vitamin B9 and vitamin C. This injection helps in restoring the nutrients essential for body. Vitcofol C injection will be administered by a medical expert like a doctor or a nurse. Do not self inject. Discuss with your doctor about all the existing medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹2.86 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(15.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg) + Niacinamide(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, heart burn, headache and pain at site of injection|
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(15.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg) + Niacinamide(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Vitcofol C Combipack injection is used to treat malnutrition, a typical type of anaemia caused due to the inability of the red blood cells to mature (megaloblastic anaemia), loss of appetite, weakness, hair loss, dull skin caused due to various nutritional deficiencies....
Contraindications of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- If you are allergic to niacinamide, vitamin b12, vitamin b9, vitamin C or any other ingredient of Vitcofol C injection.
- If you are allergic to nutritional supplements.
- If you are suffering from impaired liver function.
- If you have had or are suffering from ulcers in the stomach.
- If you are suffering from a rare genetic disorder known as 'Leber's disease.'
Side effects of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Itchy rash
- Stomach cramps
- Pain at the site of injection
Precautions and Warnings of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Can I take a Vitcofol-C injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Vitcofol C Combipack injection in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take a Vitcofol-C injection while breastfeeding?
The active ingredients of Victofol-C injection pass into breastmilk, however, it has not been reported to cause any harm to the baby. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you breastfeed your child.
Can I drive after taking a Vitcofol-C injection?
Vitcofol injection does not interfere with your ability to drive. Nonetheless, in case you are experiencing nausea and headache or pain at the site of injection you are advised to take a rest.
Can I consume alcohol with Vitcofol-C injection?
Alcohol is not known to interact with Vitcofol C Combipack injection. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to niacinamide, vitamin b12, vitamin b9 and vitamin C.
- You are pregnant, planning for a baby, or breastfeeding a baby.
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- You are prone to dehydration.
- You are suffering from low potassium levels.
- You are suffering from a severe liver ailment.
- You are suffering from anaemia but the cause is not known.
Mode of Action of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
How Does It Work?
- Niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3 helps in maintaining healthy body cells.
- Vitamin B12 also known as cyanocobalamin helps in the proper functioning and development of the nervous system, brain and blood cells of the body, it also plays a major role in the production of genetic material....
- Vitamin B9 commonly known as folate/ folic acid helps in the production of red blood cells, helps in cell division, building genetic material and growth of body tissues.
- Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant it helps repair damage caused by the free radicals, helps rejuvenate the body cells, helps in the absorption of iron, and strengthens the immune system.
Directions for Use of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Vitcofol C Combipack injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vitcofol-C injection works, or Vitcofol-C injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat fits, immunosuppressant medicines, medicines used to reduce cholesterol levels, antacids and antibiotics used to treat various infections.
Storage and disposal of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Store at a temperature below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine.
Dosage of Vitcofol C Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
Vitcofol C Combipack injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Vitcofol C Combipack injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I go empty stomach to take Vitcofol C Combipack injection?
A: Generally, you should avoid taking any injection empty stomach. It is advised that you follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Q: Can Vitcofol C injection be administered in children?
A: Vitcofol C injection is not recommended to be used in children particularly in newborns and infants. Please consult your doctor for a safer alternative for children. Do not self medicate.
Q: What are the general symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency?
A: In case you are deficient in Vitamin C, you may experience, weakness, fatigue, weight loss, irritability, dry and dull skin, rashes on the skin, tendency to contract frequent infections, muscle ache, cramps, dry and brittle hair that are prone to breaking, loss of appetite, bleeding gums, nose bleeds, and joint pain.
Q: How is Vitcofol injection different from Vitcofol C Combipack injection?
A: Vitcofol and Vitcofol C both are multivitamin combinations, that restore the depleted nutritional reserves in the body. Vitcofol injection contains vitamin b3, folic acid (vitamin b9), and vitamin b12 (cyanocobalamin), while Vitocofol-C injection contains vitamin c in addition to (niacinamide) vitamin b3, (folic acid) vitamin b9 and (cyanocobalamin) vitamin b12.
Q: What is route of administeration of Vitcofol C injection?
A: Vitcofol C injection is administered by a nurse or under the medical supervision of a doctor. Route of administration will be decided by the doctor only. Kindly do not self-inject.
Q: What are the contents in Vitcofol C injection?
A: Vitcofol C injection contains niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3, vitamin B12, vitamin B9 (folic acid) and vitamin C.
Q: Can Vitcofol increase hemoglobin?
A: Yes, Vitcofol C injection helps to regulate Hb (haemoglobin) levels in the human body. It is also used to treat malnutrition, a typical type of anaemia caused due to the inability of the red blood cells to mature (megaloblastic anaemia).
Q: What is the side effect of Vitcofol injection?
A: Pain at the site of injection, nausea, vomiting is a few common side effects of Vitcofol injection. Although not everyone gets them and these symptoms usually resolve with time.
Q: For what Vitcofol injection is used?
A: Vitcofol C injection is used to treat malnutrition, a typical type of anaemia caused due to the inability of the red blood cells to mature (megaloblastic anaemia), loss of appetite, weakness, hair loss, dull skin caused due to various nutritional deficiencies.
- Niacinamide: MedlinePlus Supplements [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]
- Vitamin B12 Injection: Side Effects, Uses & Dosage - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]
- Folic acid Oral, Injection Advanced Patient Information - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]
- Vitamin C Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 20 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed