Vermisol 50mg Tablet
By KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES PVT LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vermisol 50 MG Description
Vermisol 50 tablet is an anti-worm medicine. It contains levamisole as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. Vermisol 50 tablet should be taken as directed by the doc
tor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Vermisol 50 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹2.64 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Levamisole(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Vermisol 50 MG
Vermisol 50 tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Contraindications of Vermisol 50 MG
If you are allergic to levamisole or any other ingredients of Vermisol 50 tablet.
Side effects of Vermisol 50 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vermisol 50 MG
Can I take the Vermisol 50 tablet during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using the Vermisol 50 tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women.
Can I take the Vermisol 50 tablet while breastfeeding?
Vermisol 50 tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited safety data available. Your doctor may prescribe an alternate medicine, especially while nursing a newborn or premature infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Vermisol 50 tablet?
Vermisol 50 tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Vermisol 50 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Vermisol 50 tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You develop an allergic reaction after using Vermisol 50 tablet.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding.
- Do not use Vermisol 50 tablet for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not miss any dose or consume it in excess.
Mode of Action of Vermisol 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Levamisole in Vermisol 50 tablet works by attaching to the muscle of the worms, paralyzing it and reducing their ability to multiply.
Directions for Use of Vermisol 50 MG
Vermisol 50 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Vermisol 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Vermisol 50 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially, if you are taking medicines like Ivermectin and Albendazole....
Storage and disposal of Vermisol 50 MG
- Store the Vermisol 50 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Vermisol 50 MG
Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of the Vermisol 50 tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Vermisol 50 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Vermisol 50 tablet?
A: Vermisol 50 tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Q: How to take the Vermisol 50 tablet?
A: Vermisol 50 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: How long to take the Vermisol 50 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of the Vermisol 50 tablet will depend on the response to treatment, thus take it for as long as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Is Vermisol 50 tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Vermisol 50 tablet is not an antibiotic, it is an antiparasitic medicine that is used to treat infections caused by worms (such as roundworm and hookworm).
Q: Does the Vermisol 50 tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, the Vermisol 50 tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains levamisole which is used to treat parasitic worm infections.
- Levamisole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
- Levamisole: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
- Lactmed - Levamisole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 24 November 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed