Vepan 500mg Tablet
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vepan 500 MG Description
Vepan 500mg tablet contains Cefadroxil which is a higher antibiotic. It belongs to the Cephalosporin group of medicines. Vepan 500mg tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract,
throat, lungs, airways and skin. This medicine kills the bacteria by inhibiting their growth. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, preferably at the same time every day. Take the Vepan 500mg tablet with meals, to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, as it may result in treatment failure and recurrence of the symptoms.
|You Save||₹6.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)
2 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Vepan 500mg Tablet
- Droxyl 500mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.68₹ 37.98₹ 3.80/Tablet
- Odoxil 500mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.68₹ 37.98₹ 3.80/Tablet
Uses of Vepan 500 MG
Vepan 500mg tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, skin & skin structure, throat, lungs, airways only.
Contraindications of Vepan 500 MG
- If you have any allergic reactions to the cefadroxil or other cephalosporin antibiotics or any other ingredients of the Vepan 500mg tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin.
Side effects of Vepan 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reactions (skin rash or itching)
Precautions and Warnings of Vepan 500 MG
Can I take the Vepan 500mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of the Vepan 500mg tablet during pregnancy. Thus, it should be used only if it is prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefits and needs.
Can I take the Vepan 500mg tablet while breastfeeding?
- A component of the Vepan 500mg tablet passes into the breastmilk in minimal amounts. However, it is not expected to cause any harm to the newborn baby. If your baby develops thrush, rash or diarrhoea then breastfeeding should be discontinued...
Can I drive if I have consumed the Vepan 500mg tablet?
Vepan 500mg tablet does not have an effect on your ability to drive a vehicle or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Vepan 500mg tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and medicine. However, long term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to Penicillins or any other medicines.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or bowel problems, etc. The doctor might ask you for blood and urine tests during the treatment.
- You notice blood in your urine or back pain.
- You experience weakness, loss of appetite as these could be due to decreased red cell count in the blood.
Mode of Action of Vepan 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Vepan 500mg tablet works by stopping the growth of the bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Vepan 500 MG
Vepan 500mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Vepan 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Vepan 500mg tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for gout such as probenecid, anti-hypertensives, water pills like furosemide, antibiotics such as gentamicin, blood thinners like warfarin, etc.
Storage and disposal of Vepan 500 MG
- Keep the Vepan 500mg tablet in original packaging to protect it from light and moisture.
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Vepan 500 MG
An overdose of the Vepan 500mg tablet can result in difficulty in breathing, dizziness, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, nausea, vomiting, skin eruptions, diarrhoea, cramps, altered consciousness, muscle contractions or a coma. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the Vepan 500mg tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking the Vepan 500mg tablet without completing the full course. Though you may be feeling better after a few doses, it is essential to finish the course as not all bacteria are killed with a few treatments. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: Do I need to be cautious about anything while taking the Vepan 500mg tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in the urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience these symptoms.
- This antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take this medicine on your own.
- Vepan 500mg tablet is also not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts only against bacteria.
Q: Shall I take the Vepan 500mg tablet before or after meals?
A: Vepan 500mg tablet should be taken preferably after meals to avoid an upset stomach.
Q: What is the Vepan 500mg tablet used for?
A: Vepan 500mg tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefadroxil as its active ingredient. It is mainly used to treat bacterial infections of the ear throat, airways, skin, urinary tract and lungs caused by various susceptible organisms.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed