Velfex 37.5mg Tablets
Velfex 37.5 MG Description
Velfex tablet is a prescription medicine mainly used to treat major depressive disorders. It is composed of one active ingredient, Venlafaxine. It is a type of antidepressant medication. The mode of
action of Velfex tablets is by raising certain chemical messengers in the brain, which helps lower the symptoms of depression and elevates mood. Major depressive disorder is a mood disorder known as clinical depression. It induces intense feelings of sadness, loneliness, and loss of interest. Treating these symptoms and raising the quality of life is the main use of Velfex tablets. Do not stop taking Velfex tablets without notifying your doctor, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like sweating, shaking, dizziness, agitation, etc. The dosage of Velfex medicine should be monitored because it can trigger a tendency to self-harm or suicidal thoughts when used for a long duration. It is better not to drink or drive after taking this medicine. It should not be used in children without consulting a doctor due to the increased risk of suicidal behaviour. Drowsiness, loss of appetite, sexual dysfunction, sudden mood changes, etc., are some of the side effects of Velfex tablets. It is crucial to communicate with the doctor if any side effects persist for a long time.
|You Save||₹5.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Balance problems, Slight tremor, Anxiety, Changes in blood pressure, Sleep disturbances, Mental status changes, Changes in heart rate, Delirium, Seizures, Loss of consciousness|
Uses of Velfex 37.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Velfex tablets are used to manage the symptoms of major depressive disorder.
Contraindications of Velfex 37.5 MG
- Velfex tablets are contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any components of Velfex tablets
- If you are using other antidepressant medications
- If you have bipolar disorder (sudden mood changes), this medicine can increase agitation and aggression
- If you have angle-closure glaucoma (an eye disorder), this medicine can worsen the condition
- If you have a known history of urinary tract problems, heart condition or bleeding condition, the dose of Velflex medicine should be carefully monitored
- If you are under 18
Side effects of Velfex 37.5 MG
- Velfex tablets have the following side effects:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inability to stay still
- Weakness or tiredness
- Sexual dysfunction
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Velfex 37.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are over 65 years; the dose of Velfex medicine should be carefully monitored to prevent serious side effects.
- You are using medication for blood pressure, consult your doctor to prevent unwanted effects.
- You suddenly stopped taking Velfex tablets; this can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, excessive sweating, vomiting, irritation, etc.
- You experience changes in sexual functioning; this medicine may lower your sexual desire and cause sexual dysfunction.
- You had a heart attack recently.
- You have a severe kidney or liver disease.
- You have a surgical or dental procedure planned.
- You are using ayurvedic or herbal medicines, vitamins, supplements, etc., talk to your doctor first to avoid any interactions, as some of them can cause serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Velfex 37.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Velfex 37.5 MG
- Take the Velfex tablet exactly in the prescribed dose and the duration.
- Do not change the medicine dose, even if you cannot discern its effects.
- Have the tablet whole with a glass of water; do not break or chew it.
- Take Velfex tablets with or without food.
- Do not use the medicine if its packaging is open or damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Veflex medication, which can cause adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medicines without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Velfex 37.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Velfex medicine if you take other antidepressants like linezolid, methylene blue, etc. Mixing medicines can cause severe and sometimes fatal reactions.
- If you are using blood thinners and antiplatelet medicines, Velfex tablets can increase the risk of bleeding or bruising.
- Do not take Velfex tablets if you are using opioid pain relievers, cough medicine, sleeping pills or antihistamines (allergy medication) like cetirizine, as it can cause excessive drowsiness.
- Having Velfex tablets and herbal medicines that increase serotonin levels like St John’s wort plant extracts or antidepressants like fluoxetine can cause serotonin toxicity in the body. This can result in life-threatening adverse effects....
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid grapefruit and its juice with this medicine. It increases the level of Velflex tablets in the body and causes side effects.
- Velfex tablets do not have any known severe interactions with food. It is possible to take this medicine before or after consuming food.
Storage and disposal of Velfex 37.5 MG
Dosage of Velfex 37.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Velfex tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: How much dosage of Velfex tablet, and how long should I take this medicine to see the effects?
Q: Can we give a Velfex tablet to a child?
- Venlafaxine: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. US National Library of Medicine; [cited 19 Mar 2022] - Available from:
- Venlafaxine During Early Pregnancy and Birth Defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2020 [cited 19 Mar 2022] - Available from:
- Singh D. Venlafaxine [Internet]. StatPearls. US National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 19 Mar 2022] - Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 Mar 2022] - Available from:
- Venlafaxine [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed). US National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 19 Mar 2022] - Available from