Trikase 200mg Tablet
By EAST INDIA PHARMA WORKS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trikase Tablet is an anti-viral medicine. The active ingredient present is aciclovir (acyclovir) and it helps in stopping or killing of growth of viruses. It should be taken as directed by the doctor
and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Trikase 200mg Tablet
Trikase Tablet is used for the treatment of viral infections such as chickenpox, shingles, herpes infection, genital herpes (pain and blisters in private parts), etc.
Contraindications of Trikase 200mg Tablet
If you are allergic to aciclovir or other ingredients present along with this medicine.
Side effects of Trikase 200mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Trikase 200mg Tablet
Can I take the Trikase Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Trikase Tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks. If pregnancy detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take the Trikase Tablet while breastfeeding?
Aciclovir passes into the breastmilk, thus consult your doctor before using the Trikase Tablet during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Trikase Tablet?
Trikase Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. It is recommended to avoid performing activites like driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Trikase Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Trikase Tablet. Consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- It is recommended to drink plenty of water during the treatment with the Trikase Tablet.
Mode of Action of Trikase 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Trikase Tablet works by interfering in the virus structure by inhibiting the enzyme required for its multiplication that results in stopping the growth and killing the viruses.
Directions for Use of Trikase 200mg Tablet
Trikase Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for opti
mal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Trikase 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Trikase Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Medicines like probenecid (used in treating gout), cimetidine (used in treating stomach problems like ulcers), mycophenolate mofetil (used in Crohn's disease) should be used with caution along with this medicine....Read more
- Trikase Tablet should be used with caution along with mycophenolate mofetil that is used for post-organ transplantation treatment.
Storage and disposal of Trikase 200mg Tablet
- Store the Trikase Tablet in a dry place, protected from light, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Trikase 200mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea and vomiting. Seek urgent medical help in case you have consumed too much of the Trikase Tablet or experience any symptoms
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your medicines. If you have missed any dose of the Trikase Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose
and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Trikase Tablet make you tired?
A: No, this medicine does not make you feel tired. You may feel dizzy and experience headaches, however not everyone gets these side effects.
Q: How long should I take Trikase Tablet?
A: Your treating doctor decides the duration of the treatment depending on the underlying condition and other parameters. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Aciclovir 800 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- ZOVIRAX ORAL FORMULATIONS [Internet]. india-pharma.gsk.com. [cited 8 July 2021].
- CDSCO - Aciclovir [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- Aciclovir 800 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get up to Rs.500 Paytm Cashback via Paytm wallet.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved