Torpres 100mg Tablet
By ALNICHE LIFESCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Torpres 100 MG Description
Torpres Tablet is a medicine that is used in the treatment of high blood pressure or oedema. Torpres Tablet contains torasemide, also known as water pill. It removes excess fluid from the body in con
ditions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure. Take the medicine as advised by the doctor.
|You Save||₹23.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Torasemide / Torsemide(100.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and edema|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, loss of appetite, dizziness, electrolyte imbalance|
Check more medicines with composition as Torasemide / Torsemide(100.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Torpres 100mg Tablet
- Jbtor 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 380.00₹ 323.00₹ 32.3/Tablet
- Dytor 100mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 420.18₹ 336.14₹ 33.61/Tablet
- Torsinex 100mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 317.00₹ 272.62₹ 27.26/Tablet
- Renator 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Repens Healthcare India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 280.00₹ 240.80₹ 24.08/Tablet
- Torvigress 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.00₹ 140.25₹ 14.03/Tablet
- Torget 100mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 428.00₹ 428.00₹ 42.8/Tablet
Uses of Torpres 100 MG
Torpres Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and conditions of excess fluid retention in the body due to heart failure, kidney or liver diseases.
Contraindications of Torpres 100 MG
- If you are allergic to torasemide, povidone or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease such as non-passage of urine (anuria).
- If you had or have liver, heart disease or decreased blood volume.
- If you are pregnant or lactating.
- If you are on aminoglycosides or cephalosporins antibiotic like gentamycin, amikacin, ceftriaxone, cefixime, etc.
Side effects of Torpres 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Torpres 100 MG
Can I take Torpres Tablet during pregnancy?
Torpres Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult the doctor.
Can I take Torpres Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Torpres Tablet passes into human milk and its effects on the breastfed baby. Hence, it should not be used in breastfeeding as the medicine might decrease milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Torpres Tablet?
Torpres Tablet may make you dizzy and hence avoid driving if you feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Torpres?
Avoid alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness. Also, in conditions of kidney failure, heart failure and liver problems, alcohol is known to worsen the diseased state. Therefore, it should be better avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience hearing loss.
- You may have kidney, liver disease.
- You may have dehydration, salt imbalance or electrolyte imbalance.
- You may have other underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, gout.
Mode of Action of Torpres 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Torasemide acts on the kidneys to eliminate the excess water and salt from the body. It removes excess water, salt from the body and does not affect the electrolyte and acid-base balance of the body.
Directions for Use of Torpres 100 MG
- Take Torpres Tablet as a whole with water, with or without food.
- Take it every day at the same time. You should take it regularly without fail as directed by the doctor.
Interactions of Torpres 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Torpres Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorder....
- Concomitant use of the medicine with aminoglycoside antibiotics like gentamicin and ethacrynic acid cause an increased risk of ear toxicity, thus avoid, if possible.
- Concomitant use of radiocontrast agents with the medicine result in kidney toxicity.
Storage and disposal of Torpres 100 MG
- Store Torpres Tablet at room temperature away from sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Torpres 100 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Torpres Tablet are dehydration, decreased blood pressure, sodium, potassium, chloride levels as well as body fluid, it may also increase red blood cell levels in the body.
- If you experience the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the medicine, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose, take Torpres Tablet as soon as you remember. If the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Avoid a double dose for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Torpres Tablet on my own if I feel better?
A: No, you should never stop taking Torpres Tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop the medicine, it may lead to treatment failure and a sudden rise in blood pressure thus result worsening the medical condition.
Q: Any Dietary restrictions must follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Limit intake of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat.
- Avoid packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What should I do if I have dizziness after taking Torpres Tablet?
A: Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting occurs, when you get up suddenly from a lying or sitting position. Slowly getting up helps. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with the doctor.
Q: When should i take Torpres Tablet?
A: Take Torpres Tablet as advised by the doctor, but preferably at the same time each day. Torpres Tablet is known to cause excess urination, and hence it is advised to take it in the morning or 3-4 hours before going to bed.
Q: What is Torpres Tablet?
A: Torpres Tablet is a medicine that helps to treat high blood pressure or oedema by removing excess fluid from the body in various conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed