Tormid 10mg Tablet
By MARC PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tormid 10 MG Description
Tormid Tablet is a medicine that is used in the treatment of high blood pressure or oedema. Tormid Tablet contains torasemide, also known as water pill. It removes excess fluid from the body in condi
tions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure. Take the medicine as advised by the doctor.
|You Save||₹6.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Torasemide / Torsemide(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and edema|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, loss of appetite, dizziness, electrolyte imbalance|
Check more medicines with composition as Torasemide / Torsemide(10.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Tormid 10mg Tablet
- Toraide 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.00₹ 38.50₹ 3.85/Tablet
- Torsinol 10mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.00₹ 36.55₹ 3.66/Tablet
- Retorlix 10mg Tablet 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.45₹ 82.83₹ 5.52/Tablet
- Renator 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Repens Healthcare India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.00₹ 43.20₹ 4.32/Tablet
- Dytor 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.90₹ 72.16₹ 4.81/Tablet
- Torvigress 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.00₹ 39.95₹ 4.00/Tablet
- Torpres 10mg Md Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 42.00₹ 4.2/Tablet
- Toriflow 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Deepkamal Health Services Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 65.45₹ 6.55/Tablet
- Tide 10mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.15₹ 53.68₹ 5.37/Tablet
- Torget 10mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.54₹ 59.96₹ 6.00/Tablet
Uses of Tormid 10 MG
Tormid Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and conditions of excess fluid retention in the body due to heart failure, kidney or liver diseases.
Contraindications of Tormid 10 MG
- If you are allergic to torasemide, povidone or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease such as non-passage of urine (anuria).
- If you had or have liver, heart disease or decreased blood volume.
- If you are pregnant or lactating.
- If you are on aminoglycosides or cephalosporins antibiotic like gentamycin, amikacin, ceftriaxone, cefixime, etc.
Side effects of Tormid 10 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Tormid 10 MG
Can I take Tormid Tablet during pregnancy?
Tormid Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult the doctor.
Can I take Tormid Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Tormid Tablet passes into human milk and its effects on the breastfed baby. Hence, it should not be used in breastfeeding as the medicine might decrease milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tormid Tablet?
Tormid Tablet may make you dizzy and hence avoid driving if you feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Tormid?
Avoid alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness. Also, in conditions of kidney failure, heart failure and liver problems, alcohol is known to worsen the diseased state. Therefore, it should be better avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience hearing loss.
- You may have kidney, liver disease.
- You may have dehydration, salt imbalance or electrolyte imbalance.
- You may have other underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, gout.
Mode of Action of Tormid 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Torasemide acts on the kidneys to eliminate the excess water and salt from the body. It removes excess water, salt from the body and does not affect the electrolyte and acid-base balance of the body.
Directions for Use of Tormid 10 MG
- Take Tormid Tablet as a whole with water, with or without food.
- Take it every day at the same time. You should take it regularly without fail as directed by the doctor.
Interactions of Tormid 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Tormid Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorder....
- Concomitant use of the medicine with aminoglycoside antibiotics like gentamicin and ethacrynic acid cause an increased risk of ear toxicity, thus avoid, if possible.
- Concomitant use of radiocontrast agents with the medicine result in kidney toxicity.
Storage and disposal of Tormid 10 MG
- Store Tormid Tablet at room temperature away from sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tormid 10 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Tormid Tablet are dehydration, decreased blood pressure, sodium, potassium, chloride levels as well as body fluid, it may also increase red blood cell levels in the body.
- If you experience the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the medicine, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose, take Tormid Tablet as soon as you remember. If the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Avoid a double dose for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Tormid Tablet on my own if I feel better?
A: No, you should never stop taking Tormid Tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop the medicine, it may lead to treatment failure and a sudden rise in blood pressure thus result worsening the medical condition.
Q: Any Dietary restrictions must follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Limit intake of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat.
- Avoid packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What should I do if I have dizziness after taking Tormid Tablet?
A: Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting occurs, when you get up suddenly from a lying or sitting position. Slowly getting up helps. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with the doctor.
Q: When should i take Tormid Tablet?
A: Take Tormid Tablet as advised by the doctor, but preferably at the same time each day. Tormid Tablet is known to cause excess urination, and hence it is advised to take it in the morning or 3-4 hours before going to bed.
Q: What is Tormid Tablet?
A: Tormid Tablet is a medicine that helps to treat high blood pressure or oedema by removing excess fluid from the body in various conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease or failure.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed