Tolperitas D Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tolperitas D Tablet is a skeletal muscle relaxant which acts centrally on the spinal cord and also has painkiller properties. It contains Tolperisone and Diclofenac as the active ingredient. Tolperitas D Tablet used to relieve acute (sudden) muscle spasms and related pain. It works by improving the blood flow towards skeletal muscles and reduces pain. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age and nursing mothers. Side effects like nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating are associated with Tolperitas D Tablet. In case you experience any severe side effects or any discomfort while using this medication, it is important to consult the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Uses of Tolperitas D Tablet
Tolperitas D Tablet is used for the treatment of acute muscle/musculoskeletal spasms in adults.
Contraindications of Tolperitas D Tablet
- If you are allergic to Tolperisone, Diclofenac or any other ingredient of Tolperitas D Tablet.
- If you are suffering from myasthenia gravis, an autoimmune disease characterized by muscle weakness.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you have active stomach or intestinal bleeding, ulcer, perforations or peptic ulcers.
- If you have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding or perforations.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure.
- If you have kidney or liver diseases.
Side effects of Tolperitas D Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion, abdominal pain, flatulence
- Dizziness, headache
- Dryness of the mouth
- Itching, rash
- Muscle pain, muscle weakness
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Tolperitas D Tablet
Can I take Tolperitas D Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Tolperitas D Tablet on pregnancy. The use of this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy unless prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be safe and necessary particularly during the initial 3 months and last 3 months of pregnancy.
Can I take Tolperitas D Tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of Tolperitas D Tablet passes into the breast milk and it may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, you should not consume this medicine if you are breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tolperitas D Tablet?
Tolperitas D Tablet has no influence on the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness, drowsiness after consuming this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tolperitas D Tablet?
Alcohol consumption does not alter the effect of Tolperitas D Tablet. It is advised to limit the alcohol intake while on any medication as it can cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a stomach or intestinal ulcer.
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking Tolperitas D Tablet.
- You are on or taking any other medicines.
- You have severe kidney or liver disease.
- You have any heart disease or condition.
- You have any blood disorder or pre-existing asthma.
- Tolperitas D Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tolperitas D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Tolperisone acts on the spinal cord and by blocking the exchange of sodium and calcium ions within the cells, thereby relaxing the muscle.
- Decreased blood supply to various small blood vessels due to muscle contraction can cause trauma to the blood vessels leading to the release of a chemical substance responsible to cause pain. However, Tolperisone works by increasing the blood supply to skeletal muscles.read less
- Diclofenac inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and inflammation thus offers anti-inflammatory property.
Directions for Use of Tolperitas D Tablet
Tolperitas D Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tolperitas D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- When Tolperitas D Tablet is used along with another muscle relaxant medicine such as Methocarbamol can cause visual disturbances.
- Concurrent use of other painkillers such as niflumic acid and other NSAIDs increases the effect of Tolperitas D Tablet.
- Tolperitas D Tablet increases the effect of lithium (anti-anxiety medicine) and digoxin (heart failure medicine) when used concomitantly.
- Tolperitas D Tablet might decrease the effectiveness of medicine used to lower blood pressure such as furosemide, enalapril and it can even lead to kidney damage.
- Medicine known to retain potassium level in the blood such as spironolactone, ciclosporin, tacrolimus or trimethoprim should be used with caution and monitored.
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution as it can cause an increased risk of bleeding when used along with Tolperitas D Tablet.
- Taking any other medicines containing Diclofenac or NSAIDs and citalopram, sertraline (mood enhancer) increases the risk of stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Immunosuppressive medicine such as methotrexate, cyclosporine and tacrolimus effect increases and can cause kidney damage when used along with Tolperitas D Tablet.
- Antimicrobials medicine like ciprofloxacin, lomefloxacin should be used with caution as it can cause fits.
- The phenytoin level should be monitored when taking it along with Tolperitas D Tablet.
- Cholestyramine (lipid-lowering medicine) decreases the effect of Tolperitas D Tablet when used along.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Tolperitas D Tablet should be taken after meals to increase its effects and decrease stomach upset.
Storage and disposal of Tolperitas D Tablet
- Store at a temperature below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Tolperitas D Tablet
- Excess of Tolperitas D Tablet can cause symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, stomach or intestinal bleeding, diarrhoea, dizziness, excitation, coma, drowsiness, fainting or convulsions.read less
- However, if you have taken too much of Tolperitas D Tablet then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Tolperitas D Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Tolperitas D Tablet?
A: No, it is not safe to take any other medicines to relieve pain along with Tolperitas D Tablet. Concomitant use of painkillers can cause adverse effects like gastrointestinal bleeding and liver damage.
Q: What are the uses of Tolperitas D Tablet?
A: Tolperitas D Tablet use mainly to provide relief of acute (sudden) painful muscle spasms of the skeletal muscles in adults.
Q: Is Tolperitas D Tablet a painkiller?
A: Yes, Tolperitas D Tablet is a painkiller. However, it is not meant for all types of pain. It is specific for the pain associated with muscle spasms.
Q: Is Tolperitas D Tablet habit forming or addictive?
A: No, Tolperitas D Tablet is not a habit-forming medicine. However, it is recommended to take it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Tolperitas D Tablet a steroid?
A: No, Tolperitas D Tablet is not a steroid, it is a skeletal muscle relaxant and a painkiller.
Q: Can I take Tolperitas D Tablet for headaches?
A: No, you should not take this medicine for headaches.
Q: Can Tolperitas D Tablet be given to my 12-year-old kid for back pain?
A: No, it is not recommended to use Tolperitas D Tablet for children below 18 years of age. Consult your doctor for further assistance.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved