Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tolol Am Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It contains amlodipine and metoprolol as t
hier active ingredients. It is also used for the treatment of coronary heart diseases (a heart condition where blood vessels supplying blood to your heart muscle gets narrowed). It works by the combined action of its two ingredients and results in relaxation of blood vessels and improved blood flow and thus lowers blood pressure. You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed time for optimal results. High blood pressure and heart related diseases are critical health conditions, if not treated, can affect other organs such as the brain, kidneys and blood vessels. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure better....
Uses of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
Tolol Am Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina pectoris (radiating chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart) and coronary artery disease.
Contraindications of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as heart failure problem, irregular heartbeats and heart blockage.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
Can I take Tolol Am Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine is not safe to be taken during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Tolol Am Tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine while breastfeeding. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tolol Am Tablet?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially right after initiation of the treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it would be better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tolol Am Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any health conditions related to the heart, liver and kidneys.
- You experience that there is no improvement in blood pressure and it is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level or develop thyroid-related disorders.
- You are suffering from asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You are above 60 years, pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Tolol Am Tablet works by the combined action of metoprolol & amlodipine. Metoprolol works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing down the heart rate to improve blood flow. This leads to a decrease in blood pressure and relieves chest pain due to angina....Read more
- Amlodipine works by relaxing blood vessels and reducing the load on the heart. It also improves blood circulation in heart muscles and controls chest pain due to angina.
Directions for Use of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
- Tolol Am Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food with a sufficient amount of water.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tolol Am Tablet can affect the action of other medicines or other medicines can alter the action of Tolol Am Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
- Medicines that are used for irregular heartbeats if taken along with this medicine can lead to a drop in blood pressure and slow heartbeats.
- Other medicines such as immunomodulators, muscle relaxants, pain killers, cholesterol-lowering medicines should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple & orange juice should be avoided for at least for 4 hours after taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
- Store it in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Tolol Am 25mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include laziness, wheezing, uneven heart rhythm, slow heartbeats, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and drop in blood sugar levels. Seek immediate me
dical help in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of this medicine if you have missed a dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to
serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration, etc....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Tolol Am Tablet?
A: The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in the ankle and fatigue.
Q: What is Tolol Am Tablet used for?
A: This medicine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart (angina).
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine on your own without talking to your doctor even if you are feeling well. Abruptly stopping this medicine may cause chest pain, heart attack or irregular heartbeats. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually if required.
Q: What lifestyle modifications I should make to control my blood pressure?
A: You should take your medicine regularly at the same time. In addition to that, making lifestyle changes will also help to control your blood pressure. These changes include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on smoking habits.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 08:18 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved