Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
By LARK LABORATORIES LTD
8 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets contains Albendazole which is used against worm infection.
Uses of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
Contraindications of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Benzimidazole class of medicines like Mebendazole or any other components of the medicine
Side effects of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
Can I take Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets during pregnancy?
Albendazole must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby.
Can I take Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Albendazole passes into breast milk. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets?
You may feel dizzy after a dose of this medicine. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this medication
- You have liver disease
- You are suffering from fits or seizures
- You experience bone marrow suppression or decrease in blood cell count
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment
- You may experience damage on the retina
Mode of Action of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Albendazole disrupts the metabolism of parasitic worms and thus kills them by depriving them of glucose and energy.
Directions for Use of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets can be swallowed with a glass of water. Please take it as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizure (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel)
- Medicines used to suppress immune response (Dexamethasone)
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir)
Interactions with food items
- Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets should be taken with food
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole
Storage and disposal of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
- It should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C
- Please protect it from light
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include diarrhea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets?
A: Albendazole should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Other Variants for
Toko Forte 400mg Strip Of 8 Tablets
Last Updated on: 20 Jan 2021 | 08:01 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved