Tigebax 50mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Tigebax 50 MG Description
Tigebax Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine used to treat stomach infections and skin infections. It contains tigecycline as its active component that belongs to an antibiotic class of med
cines. It works by preventing the synthesis of bacterial proteins, which are the primary cursors for carrying out bacteria's vital functions. Tigebax Powder For Injection is given in a healthcare setup under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after a careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Tigebax 50 MG
- Complicated infection of the skin and soft tissues
- Stomach infection
Contraindications of Tigebax 50 MG
- If you are allergic to tigecycline or other components of the injection.
- If you are allergic to tetracycline-class antibiotics such as doxycycline, minocycline, etc.
Side effects of Tigebax 50 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Tigebax 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a tendency for slow or poor wound healing.
- You have diarrhoea before the treatment or you develop diarrhoea after the treatment. But do not take any anti-diarrhoeal medicines on your own.
- You have or have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You have a history or currently have a liver problem. The doctor might need to reduce the dose accordingly.
- You have blockage of the bile ducts (also called cholestasis- a flow of bile from the liver is slowed or blocked).
- You have a bleeding disorder and you are taking any anticoagulant medicines, as it might affect blood coagulation.
Mode of Action of Tigebax 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tigebax 50 MG
- Tigebax Powder For Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Tigebax 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Tigebax Powder For Injection works or Tigebax itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Tigebax Powder For Injection can increase the effect of immunosuppressant medicines (such as tacrolimus or cyclosporine) if taken along.
- Tigebax may affect the activity of oral contraceptives if taken along with this injection.
- Avoid taking anti-coagulants medicines along with Tigebax, it may impact the tests related to blood clotting.
Storage and disposal of Tigebax 50 MG
- Store at a cool and dark place.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.