Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Telma Amh Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of three medicines - Amlodipine, Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure. While taking
his medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take and your past medical history.
|You Save||₹41.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Telmisartan(40.0 Mg) + Amlodipine(5.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Contraindications of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine, Telmisartan, Hydrochlorothiazide or any other ingredients of Telma Amh Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low pulse or heart output, etc.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have low potassium, low sodium, high calcium or high uric acid levels in your blood.
Side effects of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from heart diseases.
- You have asthma or any other allergies.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- You recently had a heart attack.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- You are suffering from an autoimmune condition called lupus.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- You experience severe diarrhoea causing weight loss or eye pain or reduced vision.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You have skin cancer or experience any skin reactions (skin rash, redness, sunburns) on being exposed to sunlight.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- Telma Amh Tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Telma Amh Tablet works by the combined action of all its active components - Amlodipine, Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Amlodipine and Telmisartan work by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Hydrochlorothiazide works by helping the body get rid of extra fluid or water through urine, eventually lowering your blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Telma Amh Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with lithium (used in psychiatric illness) is not recommended. If the use is necessary, your doctor may monitor your blood lithium levels regularly.
- You should avoid taking medicines (like aliskiren, Captopril, Candesartan) along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Simultaneous use of Telma Amh Tablet is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide) may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine....
- Medicines like Spironolactone, potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along and thus they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of Dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) along with this medicine should be avoided.
- Medicines like Baclofen, aspirin, ibuprofen, amifostine, phenobarbital, colesevelam, simvastatin, antacids (aluminium magnesium hydroxide), ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), rifampicin (antibiotic), ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), verapamil (used to treat heart problems), tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with Telma Amh Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Dosage of Telma Amh 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Excess of Telma Amh Tablet may lead to irregular heartbeats and low blood pressure.
- You may experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, unconsciousness, dehydration, unclear vision.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Telma Amh Tablet?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
Q: I am experiencing episodes of low blood pressure, what can I do?
- If you are taking Telma Amh Tablet, in the initial few days you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness, giddiness.
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water.
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- If you experience giddiness, lightheadedness, immediately lie down.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
Other Products from this Brand
- Telma 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma Am 40 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma H 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma H 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma 20 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma Am 40 5 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Telma 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telma Ct 40 6 25 Tablets 15 S