Telista 80mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telista 80mg Tab 15`S, containing the telmisartan salt, is an angiotensin receptor inhibitor called angiotensin receptor antagonist that prevents the narrowing of blood vessels. This antihypertensive medicine helps decrease the blood pressure.
Uses of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
The uses of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S include the treatment of chronic heart failure, heart attack, high blood pressure and diabetic kidney disease.
Contraindications of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
- You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to telmisartan
- Pregnant women should avoid using this medicine
- Liver or kidney disease patients are advised not to take this medicine
- It is unsafe for patients suffering from renal artery stenosis, a condition that causes the narrowing of blood vessels
Side effects of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
- Common side effects of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S include drop in blood pressure, headache and dizziness
- You may also observe rashes, swelling in face and lips, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and urinary tract infection
- This medicine may affect the kidney functions and may be responsible for symptoms such as fainting, spinning of the head and depression
- The medicine can cause muscle pain, dry mouth, decreased haemoglobin levels, increased white blood cells and swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
Can I take Telista 80mg Tab 15`S during pregnancy?
Telista 80mg Tab 15`S can seriously harm the foetus. Thus, you should not take this medicine in case of pregnancy.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mothers should avoid taking this medicine. There is a lack of sufficient information on the effect of the medicine on breastfed infants. You should seek a doctor's advice to identify a safer alternative to this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
The medicine has no effect on your driving ability. However, in case you experience dizziness or drowsiness after taking this medicine, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
If alcohol is taken with this medicine, it may lead to a decrease in blood pressure. It can also cause side effects such as sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from kidney- or heart-related ailments
- You have a history of angioedema, characterised by the swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue
- You recently had a kidney transplant or if there is a blockage in the blood vessels that lead to your kidneys
- You have excessive vomiting or diarrhoea
Mode of Action of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
How Does It Work?
The medicine works by preventing angiotensin-II from binding to its receptor. Because angiotensin-II is responsible for constricting the blood vessels, the action of this medicine helps it relax blood vessels and decrease the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
Telista 80mg Tab 15`S can be taken with water or any other liquid through the mouth. However, it must be strictly taken as per the dosage prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
Interactions with other medicines
- You should avoid taking ACE inhibitors, azathioprine, lithium, aspirin and aliskiren if you are taking this medicine
- Aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may reduce the action of the medicine on blood pressure; therefore, it should be avoided
- Medicines such as diuretics, known to increase potassium levels, should be avoided
Interactions with food items
- If you are taking the medicine, you should consider being on a low-salt diet
- You should avoid high potassium-containing foods as they may be responsible for causing weakness, confusion, irregular heartbeat or heaviness in the legs
Other general Interactions
There are no known interactions
Storage and disposal of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
This medicine must be kept away from children and stored in a cool and dry place. It should not come in direct contact with excessive moisture or heat.
Dosage of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S
In case of an overdose of this medicine, you could experience symptoms such as increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure and dizziness. The overdose may also cause kidney failure, increased potassium levels in the blood and loss of consciousness. You should visit the emergency room or contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
Missed a Dose
You can simply take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is time for the next dose, you can skip the missed dose and take the next one. You should continue your regular schedule after skipping the medicine instead of taking a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How many doses of the medicine should I take each day?
A: The dosage of Telista 80mg Tab 15`S should be as per your doctor's prescription. In most cases, this medicine will have to be taken twice a day.
Q: I currently take anti-diabetic medicines. Is it okay for me to take the medicine?
A: Owing to the interactions of the medicine with anti-diabetic medicines, there may be a significant drop in your blood sugar levels. So, you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q: I am 2 months into my pregnancy. Is it safe for me to use this medicine?
A: You should take this medicine only if it has been prescribed by your doctor. This medicine must not be taken by women who are more than 3 months pregnant because of the potential risks to the foetus.
Q: Is this medicine safe for children and adolescents?
A: This medicine is not recommended for children and adolescents up to the age of 18 years.
Q: Which medications should be avoided to be taken along with the medicine?
- You should not take lithium-containing medicines if you are taking this medicine
- You should avoid taking digoxin, diuretics, or medicines that increase potassium level in the blood
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:12 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved