Tacroz Forte 0.1% Solution 20ml
Tacroz Forte 0.1 % Description
Tacroz Forte Skin Solution is used for the treatment of eczema (a condition that makes your skin itchy and red). It contains tacrolimus as its active ingredient. This medicine is used in patients who
do not respond to treatments. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. This medicine is not recommended for use by children below 16 years of age. Before using Tacroz Forte Skin Solution, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Contraindications of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Side effects of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
- Burning or tingling sensation, pain, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, peeling, redness of skin at the area Tacroz Forte Skin Solution is applied.
- Increased skin sensitivity.
Precautions and Warnings of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from liver diseases.
- You are suffering from skin tumours or have a hereditary skin disease like
- You have a weak immune system.
- You are suffering from any rare genetic skin diseases like Netherton's syndrome.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tacroz Forte Skin Solution.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Tacroz Forte Skin Solution is not recommended for use by patients below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
- Tacroz Forte Skin Solution is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Do not cover the affected area of the skin with bandages, wraps or other wound dressing.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tacroz Forte Skin Solution is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Tacroz Forte Skin Solution should be used with caution along with erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole and diltiazem.
- Do not use moisturising creams and lotions within 2 hours of applying Tacroz Forte Skin Solution.
Storage and disposal of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
- Store Tacroz Forte Skin Solution in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Tacroz Forte 0.1 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Tacroz Forte Skin Solution?
Q: Can I use Tacroz Forte Skin Solution on the face?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Tacroz Forte Skin Solution?
Q: For how long to use Tacroz Forte Skin Solution?
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Tacrolimus [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]