Syntran 200mg Capsule
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Syntran Capsule is an antifungal medicine containing Itraconazole. It is used for the treatment of fungal and yeast infections. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. The common side effects of Syntran Capsule are nausea, diarrhoea, headache and stomach pain. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Syntran 200mg Capsule
- Syntran Capsule is used to treat fungal and yeast infections.
- Antifungal preventive measure for organ transplant recipients, premature babies and immunocompromised individuals.
Contraindications of Syntran 200mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to Itraconazole or any other ingredients of Syntran Capsule.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
- If you have problems with your heart like an irregular heartbeat.
Side effects of Syntran 200mg Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Serious side effects include increased liver enzymes, liver damage, jaundice, decreased appetite, dry mouth, rhythm defects in the heart and fits; an adverse effect of the medicine on the adrenal glands can result in weight loss, muscle weakness and tirednessread less
Precautions and Warnings of Syntran 200mg Capsule
Can I take Syntran Capsule during pregnancy?
Syntran Capsule should not be taken during pregnancy, as it may increase the chances of a miscarriage and might even cause birth defects when consumed in large doses.
Can I take Syntran Capsule while breastfeeding?
Itraconazole passes into breastmilk. Hence, Syntran Capsule must not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Syntran Capsule?
Syntran Capsule induces side effects like dizziness and fits. Thus, be cautious or avoid driving if you experience any such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Syntran Capsule?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Syntran Capsule. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from a heart disorder.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels or any adrenal dysfunction.
Mode of Action of Syntran 200mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
The antifungal composition of Syntran Capsule inhibits an enzyme that is essential in fungal cell membrane synthesis. Thus, preventing the fungi from multiplying. This eventually results in fungal death due to an incomplete cell membrane.
Directions for Use of Syntran 200mg Capsule
Syntran Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Syntran 200mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Syntran Capsule may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines like cisapride show additive effects and result in an irregular heartbeat; astemizole, terfenadine, pimozide, quinidine, erythromycin, rifampicin, warfarin, prednisone, celecoxib and voriconazole all show different interactions and contraceptive pills show reduced efficacy, making the use of barrier-type contraceptive essential should be used with caution along with Syntran Capsule.read less
Interactions with food items
Consumption of Syntran Capsule on empty stomach results in heartburn. Thus, it must be taken after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Syntran 200mg Capsule
- Store Syntran Capsules at room temperature in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly.
- Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Syntran 200mg Capsule
An overdose of Syntran Capsule may cause an irregular heartbeat, fits, headache, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting. Seek immediate medical help if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Syntran Capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What do I have to inform my doctor of before I begin treatment with Syntran Capsule?
A: Inform your doctor of your medical history and other medicines you might be taking. This medicine can cause serious complications for both mother and foetus if taken when pregnant. Hence, it is important to discuss your sexual activity and contraceptive methods.
Q: Does Syntran Capsule cause addiction?
A: No, Syntran Capsule is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Syntran Capsule on my own?
- No, you should never stop taking Syntran Capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may produce side effects as well.
- EMA. PIL. Itraconazole 100 mg capsules. [Accessed on 03.Dec.2020] (online)
- LactMed. Itraconazole. [Accessed on 03.Dec.2020] (online)
- WebMD. Itraconazole. [Accessed on 03.Dec.2020] (online)
- MedlinePlus. Itraconazole. [Accessed on 03.Dec.2020] (online)
- De Doncker P et al. Management of fungal skin infections with 15 days itraconazole treatment: a worldwide review. 1990. [Accessed on 03.Dec.2020] (online)
- DailyMed. Label: Sporanox- itraconazole solution. [Accessed on 03.Dec.2020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 05:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved