Syntran 200mg Capsule
Syntran 200 MG Description
Syntran 200 capsule is an antifungal medicine containing Itraconazole as an active component. It is used for fungal and yeast infections. Avoid if you are allergic to the medicine. Take as suggested
by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take after the meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
Uses of Syntran 200 MG
- It is used for systemic or topical fungal infections caused by organisms.
Contraindications of Syntran 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Itraconazole or other ingredients of Syntran 200 capsule.
- If you are pregnant or you may be pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you suffer from liver problems.
- If you have problems with the heart like an irregular heartbeat.
Side effects of Syntran 200 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Altered liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Syntran 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You suffer from a heart disorder.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels or adrenal dysfunction.
Mode of Action of Syntran 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Syntran 200 MG
Interactions of Syntran 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Syntran 200 capsule interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify the doctor if you are undergoing other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Inform the physician regarding a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like cisapride show additive effects and result in an irregular heartbeat; astemizole, terfenadine, pimozide, quinidine, erythromycin, rifampicin, warfarin, prednisone, celecoxib and voriconazole all show different interactions and contraceptive pills show reduced efficacy, making the use of barrier-type contraceptive essential must be used with caution along with Syntran 200 capsule....
Storage and disposal of Syntran 200 MG
Dosage of Syntran 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Syntran 200 capsule cause addiction?
Q: Can I stop using Syntran 200 capsule on my own?
- No, you must never stop taking Syntran 200 capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
- If you must taking the medicine, it leads to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and produces side effects as well.
- Itraconazole 100mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Itraconazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Itraconazole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]