Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Syndopa Plus Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and movement disorders. It is a combination of two medicines, Levodopa and Carbidopa. Parkinson's disease is a brain disorder that can lead to loss of control over certain body functions of individuals and accompanied by shaking, stiffness and difficulty with walking, balance and coordination. Syndopa Plus increases the level of a chemical substance called dopamine, a decrease in the level of this substance is responsible for the symptoms of this disease.
Uses of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
Syndopa Plus Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease characterised by impaired posture and balance, shakiness, stiffness of muscle and inability to perform basic body movements.
Contraindications of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to levodopa, carbidopa or any ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of skin cancer called melanoma or presence of moles on the skin which have not been clinically checked by a doctor.
- If you are taking medicines for mental health disorder belonging to a class MOAIs like Rasagiline should be stopped at least 14 days before you start taking this medicine.
- If you have raised pressure in eyes, a condition called narrow-angle Glaucoma.
- If you are diagnosed with any serious mental illness.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Uncontrolled movements
- Feeling sick
- Dry mouth
- Unsteadiness and confusion
- Reduced appetite
- Drowsiness (excessive sleepiness)
- Delusions, hallucinations or fits
- Discoloration of urine
- Low blood pressure
- Mood swings
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
- Allergic reactions of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Syndopa Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Syndopa Plus Tablet should not be taken by a pregnant woman or woman of childbearing age as it may harm the developing baby. However, it can be prescribed in some instances where the benefit of the treatment outweighs the risk to the developing foetus.
Can I take Syndopa Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby as Levodopa passes into breast milk and can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Syndopa Plus Tablet?
It is not advised to drive or operate heavy machinery if you have taken this medicine as it makes you dizzy and drowsy and can also affect your balance and movements.
Can I consume alcohol with Syndopa Plus Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience mood changes, sleep attacks or excessive sleepiness.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have or had an ulcer in your stomach or intestine.
- You have had a heart attack or heart disorder or breathing problems.
- You have had kidney, liver or hormonal problems.
- You have a due surgery or operation.
- You have an eye condition called 'glaucoma’, you will need to have regular checks on the pressure in your eye.
Mode of Action of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Syndopa Plus offers relief in symptoms of Parkinson’s disease by increasing the levels of dopamine in the brain. Levodopa gets converted into Dopamine. This dopamine gives relief from symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Carbidopa helps in maintaining an optimal level of levodopa by inhibiting its breakdown by enzymes before it reaches the brain.
Directions for Use of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Syndopa Plus Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Try to take it at a fixed time every day as advised by your doctor.
- Do not skip the doses even if you feel better.
Interactions of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine especially to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- If you are taking any iron preparations as it may decrease the effectiveness of Syndopa Plus tablet when used concomitantly.
- Medicine for any mental illness may cause worsening of side effects; the dose needs to be adjusted.
- Patient’s response should be monitored when administered Syndopa Plus tablet with anticholinergic preparations like Benzatropine and Procyclidine.
- You may experience low blood pressure on standing suddenly from lying posture if you are on any antihypertensives.
- Medicine for tuberculosis and epilepsy may require a change in the dosage.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
Absorption of Levodopa may be impaired in some patients with a high protein diet. Avoid taking this medicine with heavy meals.
Storage and disposal of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store at a temperature below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you happen to take more than the prescribed dose of this medicine, report to the nearest hospital immediately. It may cause rapid, irregular heartbeats, uncontrolled muscular twitching and loss of consciousness.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is syndopa plus a habit-forming medicine?
A: Yes, it can lead to addiction. If you experience such urges to take more than stated dose or any abnormal pattern towards certain activities, inform your doctor immediately
Q: What diet restrictions should I follow with Syndopa Plus tablet?
A: You should avoid having heavy meals or a protein-rich diet in large quantities. Avoid taking it with foods like egg, meat, milk or cheese as it may not work properly.
Q: Can Syndopa Plus be taken empty stomach?
A: It can be taken with or without food. Avoid protein meals as it can delay the action of this medicine.
Q: How Syndopa plus works?
A: This medicine works by increasing the levels of dopamine which is the main cause of parkinsonism.
Q: Can Syndopa Plus Tablet cause dark urine?
A: Yes, this medicine can turn the colour of your urine, saliva and sweat dark (red, brown or black). This is not harmful and can sometimes also stain your clothes and bedding.
Q: Can we stop Syndopa Plus tablet?
A: No, do not stop taking Syndopa Plus tablet without consulting your doctor. Sudden stopping of this medicine may cause withdrawal symptoms and your condition might worsen. Hence, you should never stop taking this medicine even if you start feeling better.
Last Updated on: 02 Jul 2021 | 10:28 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved