Syndopa Cr Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Syndopa Cr Tablet Description
Syndopa Cr Tablet contains a combination of Levodopa and Carbidopa. It is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's disease is characterised by tremors, stiffness and unsteadiness. A
void taking this medicine with heavy meals. Nausea and twitches are its most common side effects. These are temporary and disappear on their own. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, then inform your doctor. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components, pregnant or breastfeeding. Take this medicine with sufficient amounts of water and do not stop on your own.
|You Save||₹7.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levodopa(200.0 Mg) + Carbidopa(50.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Levodopa(200.0 Mg) + Carbidopa(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Syndopa Cr Tablet
Syndopa Cr Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease characterised by impaired posture and balance, shakiness, stiffness of muscle and inability to perform basic body movements.
Contraindications of Syndopa Cr Tablet
- If you are allergic to levodopa, Carbidopa or any ingredients of this medicine.
- History of skin cancer called melanoma or the presence of moles on the skin which have not been clinically checked by a doctor.
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders belonging to a class MAOIs like Rasagiline should be stopped at least 14 days before you start taking this medicine.
- If you have raised pressure in eyes, a condition called narrow-angle Glaucoma.
- If you are diagnosed with any serious mental illness.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Syndopa Cr Tablet
- Uncontrolled movements
- Feeling sick
- Dry mouth
- Unsteadiness and confusion
- Reduced appetite
- Drowsiness (excessive sleepiness)
- Delusions, hallucinations or fits
- Discoloration of urine
- Low blood pressure
- Mood swings
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
- Allergic reactions of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Syndopa Cr Tablet
Can I take Syndopa Cr Tablet during pregnancy?
Syndopa Cr Tablet should not be taken by a pregnant woman or woman of childbearing age as it may harm the developing baby. However, it can be prescribed in some instances where the benefit of the treatment outweighs the risk to the developing foetus.
Can I take Syndopa Cr Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby as Levodopa passes into breast milk and can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Syndopa Cr Tablet?
It is not advised to drive or operate heavy machinery if you have taken this medicine as it makes you dizzy and drowsy and can also affect your balance and movements.
Can I consume alcohol with Syndopa Cr Tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience mood changes, sleep attacks or excessive sleepiness.
- You have or had an ulcer in your stomach or intestine.
- You have had a heart attack or heart disorder or breathing problems.
- You have had kidney, liver or hormonal problems.
- You have a surgery or operation due. You have a history of fits.
- You have an eye condition called 'glaucoma.’ You will need to have regular checks on the pressure in your eye.
Mode of Action of Syndopa Cr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Parkinson’s disease is characterised by stiffness, uncontrolled movement, shakiness and slow movements of the body due to lack of a chemical called dopamine.
- Dopamine is produced naturally in the brain. Levodopa present in Syndopa Cr Tablet gets converted into dopamine and supplies sufficiently.
- Carbidopa prevents the break-down of levodopa in the body ensuring that a higher proportion of the dose reaches the brain, where dopamine acts.
Directions for Use of Syndopa Cr Tablet
- Take Syndopa Cr Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Try to take it at a fixed time every day as advised by your doctor.
- Do not skip the doses even if you feel better.
Interactions of Syndopa Cr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine, especially to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- If you are taking any iron preparations, as it may need a dose adjustment.
- Medicine for any mental illness may cause a worsening of side effects; the dose needs to be adjusted.
- The patient’s response should be monitored when administered with anticholinergic preparations like Benzatropine and Procyclidine.
- You may experience low blood pressure on standing suddenly from a lying posture if you are on antihypertensives.
- Medicine for tuberculosis and epilepsy may require a change in the dosage.
Interactions with food items
Absorption of Levodopa may be impaired in some patients with a high-protein diet. Avoid taking this medicine with heavy meals.
Storage and disposal of Syndopa Cr Tablet
- Store at a temperature below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Syndopa Cr Tablet
If you happen to take more than the prescribed dose of this medicine, report to the nearest hospital immediately. It may cause rapid, irregular heartbeats, uncontrolled muscular twitching and loss of consciousness....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Syndopa Cr Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
A: Yes, it can lead to addiction. If you experience such urges to take more than the stated dose or any abnormal pattern towards certain activities, inform your doctor immediately
Q: What diet restrictions should I follow with Syndopa Cr Tablet?
A: You should avoid having heavy meals or a protein-rich diet in large quantities. Avoid taking it with foods like egg, meat, milk or cheese as it may not work properly.
Q: Can Syndopa Cr Tablet be taken empty stomach?
A: It can be taken with or without food. Avoid protein meals as it can delay the action of this medicine.
Q: How Syndopa Cr Tablet works?
A: This medicine works by increasing the levels of dopamine which is the main cause of parkinsonism.
Q: Can Syndopa Cr Tablet cause dark urine?
A: Yes, this medicine can turn the colour of your urine, saliva and sweat dark (red, brown or black). This is not harmful and can sometimes also stain your clothes and bedding.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed