By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sucox Syrup Description
Sucox Syrup is used to treat ulcers and prevent the reoccurrence of ulcers in the stomach and intestine. It also provides relief from pain, post-meal acidity and heartburn associated with acid reflux and inflammation in the stomach. Sucox Syrup is an oral suspension that contains two main ingredients, sucralfate and oxetacaine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take Sucox 1 hour before food....
|You Save||₹19.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach and intestine ulcers|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, increased thirst, headache|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-FLATULENT|
Check more medicines with composition as Oxetacaine + Sucralfate
Uses of Sucox Syrup
Sucox Syrup is used for instant relief from acidity, heartburn and pain due to post-meal acid reflux. It also used for prevention of and recurrence of ulcers.
Contraindications of Sucox Syrup
If you are allergic to sucralfate, oxetacaine or any of the other ingredients of Sucox Syrup.
Side effects of Sucox Syrup
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased thirst
Precautions and Warnings of Sucox Syrup
Can I take Sucox Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not advisable to use Sucox Syrup during pregnancy as there is limited safety information regarding the use of this medicine in pregnant women.
Can I take Sucox Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to be used in lactating mothers as there is limited information available on its safety in lactating women and its effect on the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sucox Syrup?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving. However, this medicine may sometimes cause dizziness, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Sucox Syrup?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it can worsen the pain and interfere with the healing process of ulcers. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe kidney or liver-related disorders or you are undergoing dialysis.
- You are taking magnesium-containing antacids for a prolonged period.
- You experience defective bone growth, soft bones or brain-related disorder due to aluminium toxicity.
- You are diabetic and experience a rise in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Sucox Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Sucox Syrup is a combination product it works by the combined action of sucralfate and oxetacaine.
- Sucralfate protects the digestive tract from the damaging effects of acids in the stomach, alcohol and medicinal substances like aspirin and promotes the healing of ulcers.
- Oxetacaine inhibits acid production in the stomach by suppressing the action of an enzyme. It also acts as a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers and acid reflux.
Directions for Use of Sucox Syrup
- Sucox Syrup should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Take it preferably one hour before having your meals.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Sucox Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Sucox Syrup may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal preparations or supplements....
- Sucox can reduce the action of medicines used for treating ulcers such as cimetidine and ranitidine.
- Sucox Syrup can reduce the action of levothyroxine, a medicine used for thyroid-related disorder.
- The effect of antibiotics known as tetracyclines & minocycline is decreased when used with this suspension.
- This medicine can decrease the effect of theophylline which is used for asthma and breathlessness.
- Sucox decreases the effect of phenytoin (a medicine used to control fits).
- Other medicines such as digoxin (used for treating heart failure), ciprofloxacin (antibiotic), ketoconazole (antifungal) and medicine used to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine may interact with Sucox Syrup....
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may preferably ask you to take Sucox Syrup at least 1 hour before food.
Storage and disposal of Sucox Syrup
- Store Sucox Syrup at room temperature.
- Keep away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sucox Syrup
Overdose of Sucox Syrup may result in symptoms like stomach pain, vomiting, dizziness and fainting. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Sucox Syrup to a child?
A: No, it is not recommended for children as there is limited safety information related to the use of Sucox Syrup in children.
Q: Can I use Sucox Syrup for acidity?
A: Yes, it can be used for acidity. It reduces acid production in the stomach and also relieves pain and heartburn.
Q: Can I use Sucox for gastritis?
A: Gastritis is a condition of inflammation of the lining of the stomach and it usually occurs due to an infection. Sucox is not active against infections. Thus, it should not be used in such a case.
Q: Can I drink water after taking Sucox?
A: No, you should avoid drinking water or eat anything immediately after the syrup. It can reduce the effect of syrup.
- Carafate oral suspension [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Fourrts India | Sucrafil O Gel – The No. 1 Sucralfate – Oxetacaine Brand [Internet]. Fourrts.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Oxethazaine - HMIS Online [Internet]. Hmis.online. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Oxetacaine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay