Stimufol 2.5mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Stimufol Tablet is an anti-cancer medicine containing Letrozole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women. Stimufol Tablet is additionally indicated to be used in anovulatory infertility for induction of ovulation. This medicine should be taken as instructed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or without water. Never miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹33.09 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women, female infertility|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Letrozole(2.5 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Stimufol 2.5mg Tablet
Uses of Stimufol 2.5 MG
- Stimufol Tablet is used in post-menopausal women for the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
- It is also used for induction of ovulation in female infertility.
Contraindications of Stimufol 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Letrozole or any other ingredients of Stimufol Tablet.
- If you still get your periods.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breast-feeding.
Side effects of Stimufol 2.5 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Tiredness, weakness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Indigestion, constipation
- Hot flushes (Sudden feeling of warmth)
- Increased sweating
- Skin rashes
- Increased or loss of appetite
- Joint stiffness, bone and joint pain
- Palpitations, chest pain
- Vagina dryness, vaginal bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Stimufol 2.5 MG
Can I take Stimufol Tablet during pregnancy?
Stimufol Tablet is meant to be used only after menopause. It must not be used during pregnancy as it may harm the unborn baby. You must take proper birth control measures while consuming it, as you may still have the potential to become pregnant during treatment.
Can I take Stimufol Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Letrozole passes into breast milk, hence you should not use Stimufol Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Stimufol Tablet?
Stimufol Tablet may make you dizzy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Stimufol Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Stimufol Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney diseases
- You have any disease that affects the strength of your bones.
- You experience tendon pain or swelling while on treatment with Stimufol Tablet.
- Your periods have not yet stopped, and you have not yet gone through menopause. Your doctor might ask you to confirm your menopause by performing some blood tests if it cannot be clinically confirmed.
- Stimufol Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Stimufol 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Letrozole in Stimufol Tablet works by reducing the level of a natural female hormone known as estrogen that is produced in the body. Eventually, stopping the growth of the cancer cells, which depend on estrogen for its growth....
Directions for Use of Stimufol 2.5 MG
- Stimufol Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Stimufol 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Stimufol Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Stimufol Tablet along with tamoxifen (used to prevent breast cancer) should be avoided as it may alter its effects.
- Other medicines like phenytoin, clopidrogel should be used with caution along with Stimufol Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Stimufol Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Stimufol 2.5 MG
- Store Stimufol Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Stimufol 2.5 MG
Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Stimufol Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Stimufol Tablet take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Stimufol Tablet?
A: Stimufol Tablet is used in post-menopausal women for the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
Q: How to take Stimufol Tablet?
A: Stimufol Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should Stimufol Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Stimufol Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Does Stimufol Tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Stimufol Tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How long to take Stimufol Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Stimufol Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can Stimufol Tablet be used in children?
A: No, Stimufol Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited safety information available.
- Femara 2.5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Femara® 2.5 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Letrozole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Letrozole: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Letrozole [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Letrozole - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
Country of Origin