Spasmoban Drops 15ml
Spasmoban Drops 15ml Description
Spasmoban Oral Drop is a paediatric medicine. It is used to ease stomach and abdominal pain (cramps) and relieve symptoms of bloating and excess gas. Spasmoban Oral Drop are a combination of two medi
cines, namely dicycloverine and simethicone. Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and relieves pain. Simethicone helps in releasing the gas and prevents discomfort associated with gas and bloating. This medicine should be used under adults supervision.
Uses of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
- Stomach and abdominal pain (cramps)
- Bloating, gas and belching
Contraindications of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
- If your child is allergic to dicycloverine, simethicone or any other ingredients of the Spasmoban Oral Drop.
- Spasmoban Oral Drop are not to be given to infants under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
Precautions and Warnings of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child has or suspected to have an eye condition, this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has an enlarged prostate gland, then this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has a hernia in the stomach, this medicine should be given with precautions as this drug may aggravate the condition.
Mode of Action of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
- Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the stomach and intestine, prevents the cramps and relieves the pain.
- Simethicone is an antifoaming agent. It changes the surface tension of the gas bubbles in the stomach and intestine; thus the gas bubbles burst and the gas is expelled.
Directions for Use of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
- Give the Spasmoban Oral Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Fill enclosed dropper to the recommended dosage level and dispense liquid slowly into baby's mouth.
- Dosage can also be mixed with a cup of cool water, infant formula or other suitable liquids.
- Clean dropper well after each use and replace the original cap. Shake it well before every use.
Interactions of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
Dosage of Spasmoban Drops 15ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Spasmoban Oral Drop for children?
Q: How does gas form in the stomach? Why does it cause pain?
Q: Is Spasmoban safe for babies?
Q: What is the use of the Spasmoban Oral Drop?
Q: How many drops of the Spasmoban should be given to an infant?
- Dicycloverine Hydrochloride 10mg/5ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Dimethicone 410: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- DailyMed - INFANTS GAS RELIEF- simethicone suspension/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]