Sorbidiol 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Sorbidiol 300 MG Description
Golbi 300 mg tablet is used to dissolve gall stones in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis, sclerosing cholangitis, and liver dysfunction. Gall stones are hardened deposits of digestive
juices formed in the gall bladder (a small organ found under the liver). It mainly occurs due to increased cholesterol content in bile juice. Golbi 300 mg tablet contains ursodeoxycholic acid as an active ingredient. This tablet acts as a dissolving agent, which reduces the cholesterol content in bile. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹43.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ursodeoxycholic Acid / Ursodiol(300.0 Mg)|
- Ursolid 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 320.00₹ 224.009% CHEAPER₹ 22.4/Tablet
- Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 694.19₹ 590.06₹ 39.34/Tablet
- Ulyses 300mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 571.00₹ 485.35₹ 32.36/Tablet
- Ursomax 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 325.95₹ 277.06₹ 27.71/Tablet
- Golbi 300mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 538.00₹ 457.30₹ 30.49/Tablet
- Urdohep 300mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 326.00₹ 277.10₹ 27.71/Tablet
- Udimarin 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 453.00₹ 385.05₹ 38.51/Tablet
- Udiwok 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 351.25₹ 298.56₹ 29.86/Tablet
- Bilefix 300mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 541.25₹ 460.06₹ 32.86/Tablet
- Hepexa 300mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 331.25₹ 281.56₹ 28.16/Tablet
Uses of Sorbidiol 300 MG
- To dissolve gallbladder stones that are made of cholesterol in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis and sclerosing cholangitis.
- Liver dysfunction is associated with cystic fibrosis (a hereditary disease that affects the lungs and digestive system).
Contraindications of Sorbidiol 300 MG
- If you are allergic to ursodeoxycholic acid or any ingredient of Golbi 300 mg tablet.
- If you have a stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding.
- If you have a liver-related disorder and non-functional gall bladder.
- If you have recently had a surgery involving any part of your intestine.
- If you are suffering from inflammation/blockage of the gall bladder or biliary tract.
- If you are suffering from a liver or intestinal condition which affects the circulation of bile substances like blockage of the bile duct.
Side effects of Sorbidiol 300 MG
- Sticky stool
Precautions and Warnings of Sorbidiol 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience persistent diarrhoea and the doctor should discontinue the therapy immediately.
- You have a history of liver disease or obstruction in bile passage, your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly.
- It would be best if you avoid a high cholesterol diet during the treatment as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- Your doctor may ask you for an ultrasound after six months of the treatment to check the therapeutic improvement.
- Women of childbearing age should use non-hormonal contraceptive measures (physical barrier) or low oestrogen oral contraceptive pills. Combination oral contraceptive pills should not be taken with Golbi 300 mg tablet....
Mode of Action of Sorbidiol 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sorbidiol 300 MG
- Golbi 300 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Sorbidiol 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Golbi 300 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol and some antacids may reduce this medicine's efficacy. So, it should be taken between the gap of 2 hours at least....
- Contraceptive pills should not be used if you are being prescribed with Golbi 300 mg tablet
- Other medicines that may affect this medicine's absorption are charcoal, and antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, cholesterol-lowering medicines like Atorvastatin, and Dapsone used as an anti-infective. Hence, it should not be used concomitantly....
Storage and disposal of Sorbidiol 300 MG
Dosage of Sorbidiol 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment with Golbi 300 mg tablet?
Q: Does high blood cholesterol level cause gallbladder stones?
Q: Is Golbi 300 mg tablet used for reducing high bilirubin?
- DESTOLIT 150 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Ursodeoxycholic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- URSO (ursodiol) tablets, for oral use, USP, [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Lactmed - Ursodiol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]