Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm Description
Sonaderm Gm Ointment is used to treat inflammation and swelling in various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial, fungal or mixed skin infections. It is a combination of medicine containing clo
betasol, gentamicin and miconazole. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties, gentamicin is an antibacterial agent and miconazole is an antifungal agent. This Ointment helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Sonaderm Gm Ointment should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin condition without consulting your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please inform your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsens.
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %) + Miconazole(2.0 %) + Gentamicin(0.1 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
Contraindications of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, gentamicin, miconazole, or any of the ingredients in Sonaderm Gm Ointment.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this Ointment if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying Sonaderm Gm Ointment.
- You experience other infections after applying this Ointment.
- It would be best if you do not use this Ointment on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this Ointment, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this Ointment for prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
- Use Sonaderm Gm Ointment as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Sonaderm Gm Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gentally to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Sonaderm Gm Ointment is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Sonaderm Gm Ointment with other medicines. However, as Sonaderm Gm Ointment contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination.....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotic such as erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems....
Storage and disposal of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
- Store Sonaderm Gm Ointment below 25°C, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sonaderm Gm Oint 10gm
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sonaderm Gm Ointment be used in children?
Q: Can I use Sonaderm Gm Ointment for pimples?
Q: Is Sonaderm Gm Ointment a steroid?
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Gentamicin Sulfate cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Oaknet Healthcare. Products list [Internet]. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Bluecross Laboratories. Sonaderm-GM cream [Internet]. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Daktarin 2% w/w cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]