Sizon 5mg Tab
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sizon Dt Tablet is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cet
irizine as its active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Side effects of the medicine are drowsiness, headache, weakness, and dry mouth. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact the doctor immediately. Sizon Dt Tablet should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women....
Uses of Sizon 5mg Tab
Sizon Dt Tablet is used to treat allergies associated with airways (allergic rhinitis) and Skin (urticaria).
Contraindications of Sizon 5mg Tab
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Sizon Dt Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Sizon 5mg Tab
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Sizon 5mg Tab
Can I take Sizon Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
Sizon Dt Tablet should be avoided by pregnant women, as there is limited information available on the safety of the medicine in pregnant women. Hence, avoid it in pregnancy unless considered prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Sizon Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Sizon Dt Tablet passes into breastmilk. Therefore, it is advised not to take the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sizon Dt Tablet?
Sizon Dt Tablet is known to cause sleepiness. Hence, driving or operating machine should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol with Sizon Dt Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Sizon Dt Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem or urinary retention problem as you may need a lower dose of the medicine, consult the doctor.
- You are giving the children as they may require a small dose of the medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You should take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching, and redness immediately after you stop taking Sizon Dt Tablet.
Mode of Action of Sizon 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. Cetirizine in Sizon Dt Tablet works by blocking the Histamine and
hence decreases the symptoms associated with allergies....
Directions for Use of Sizon 5mg Tab
Sizon Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It will be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal re
sults and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Sizon 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines may affect the way Sizon Dt Tablet works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders such as Diazepam, Clonazepam, and Sizon Dt Tablet may aggravate the side effects such as drowsiness, headache, and influencethe alertness of an individual....Read more
- It is important to inform the doctor regarding the medications and herbal supplements used before taking the medicine. It is also important to discuss specific allergies or underlying conditions experienced before using the medicine....Read more
Storage and disposal of Sizon 5mg Tab
- Store Sizon Dt Tablet at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Sizon 5mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose are tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention. If you experience symptoms or thi
nk you have taken too much of Sizon Dt Tablet, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed the dose of Sizon Dt Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If time next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while I am taking Sizon Dt Tablet?
- Yes, Sizon Dt Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Hence, avoid driving and operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Can I take Sizon Dt Tablet in pregnancy?
A: Sizon Dt Tablet should be avoided in pregnancy. Take it only if prescribed by the docter in pregnancy.
Q: Can we take Sizon Dt Tablet for allergy?
A: Yes, Sizon Dt Tablet is used in allergic conditions. However, avoid self-medication. Only if prescribed by the doctor, you may take it.
Q: Can I take Sizon Dt Tablet for cough and cold?
A: No, do not take Sizon Dt Tablet for cough or cold on own. Cough or cold may be due to various reasons like allergy, infections, etc. Cetirizine may help in cough or cold if it is allergic in origin.
Q: Does Sizon Dt Tablet make us drowsy?
A: Yes, Sizon Dt Tablet may make you drowsy, sleepy, and dizzy. Avoid driving or operate machinery after taking Cetzine.
Q: Is it okay to use Sizon Dt Tablet while I am breastfeeding?
A: Sizon Dt Tablet passes into breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in your breastfed baby. Hence, do not take this if you are breastfeeding.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:39 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved