By LANARK LABOROTORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefuroxime Axetil is a higher antibiotic used for severe infections.
|You Save||₹8.82 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefuroxime(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Seftim 500 MG
- Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears
- Respiratory tract infections (bronchitis)
- Infection of urinary tract
- Infections of skin, soft tissue
Contraindications of Seftim 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime Axetil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Seftim 500 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Seftim 500 MG
Can I take Seftim 500mgtab during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not start this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Seftim 500mgtab while breastfeeding?
- Cefuroxime Axetil passes into breast milk in small quantities
- Perceive if prescribed by your physician
- Watch for diarrhea in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Seftim 500mgtab?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Seftim 500mgtab?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Cefuroxime Axetil.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Seftim 500 MG
How Does It Work?
- It works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis
- Absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria
Directions for Use of Seftim 500 MG
- Swallow tablet/ capsule whole with a glass of water
- The medicine should not be crushed
Interactions of Seftim 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take this medicine with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)...
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Interactions with food items
Cefuroxime Axetil should be taken after a meal for better results.
Storage and disposal of Seftim 500 MG
Store Cefuroxime Axetil in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
Dosage of Seftim 500 MG
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine
- Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain, fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin, can I take this medicine?
- No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in very severe allergic reaction
- Always inform your doctor about your allergies
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Expires on or After