Scud 250mg Injection
By ZUVENTUS HEALTH CARE LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Scud 250 MG Description
Scud Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat severe infections caused by bacteria such as skin infections, lower respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bronchitis an
d stomach infection. It contains cefepime, which belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection.
|You Save||₹11.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Severe bacterial infections|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefepime(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Scud 250 MG
For the treatment of severe bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, stomach, lungs, skin and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Scud 250 MG
- If you are allergic to cefepime or any of the ingredients of Scud Injection
- If you have a history of allergy to any other antibiotics
Side effects of Scud 250 MG
- Injections site reactions such as pain, redness
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Scud 250 MG
Can I take Scud Injection during pregnancy?
This medicine should be used during pregnancy only if considered essential by the doctor after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Scud Injection while breastfeeding?
Cefepime is excreted in breast milk in low amounts, thus caution is advised when Scud Injection is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Scud Injection?
Scud Injection may cause dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, thus caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Scud Injection?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from kidney disease.
- If you experience continuous diarrhoea, immediately contact your doctor.
- If you develop any allergic reactions, contact the doctor immediately.
- You have a history of allergy to cephalosporins, penicillins or any other medicines.
- Let the doctor/laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test.
Mode of Action of Scud 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefepime works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis, the absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Scud 250 MG
- Scud Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Scud 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Scud Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners, water pills or other antibiotic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Scud 250 MG
- Store Scud Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Scud 250 MG
Scud Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Scud Injection?
A: Scud Injection is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, stomach, lungs, skin, urinary tract.
Q: Can I take Scud Injection on my own?
A: No, this medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse only. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Renapime 1g Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Renapime 1g Powder for solution for injection/infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed