Salactin Paint 10ml
Salactin Paint 10ml Description
Salactin paint is used for the topical treatment of warts, corns and calluses. It is a skin condition where the skin hardens and becomes dense due to repeated pressure, friction and irritation at tha
t specific region of the skin. It contains lactic acid and salicylic acid as its active components. It works by breaking down a skin protein called Keratin, softening the skin by removing dead skin cells. The medicine is recommended to be used only when advised by your doctor, under medical supervision. Follow the steps mentions on the label or packet. It is meant for topical use only.
Uses of Salactin Paint 10ml
Precautions and Warnings of Salactin Paint 10ml
Other General Warnings
- You accidentlly apply the medicine on healthy skin as it can cause blistering and skin exfoliation.
- You are suffering from diabetes or nerve damage or heart problems.
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have recently experienced chickenpox, influenza or any other viral infections.
- Do not inhale the vapour of the paint.
- In case of contact with the eyes, rinse it properly with water for 15 mins. Contact the doctor, if irritation continues.
- It is recommended for the use of children below 2 years of age. Children under 12 years of age should use the medicine under the supervision of an adult.
Ingredients and Benefits of Salactin Paint 10ml
- Salactin paint contains salicyclic acid & lactic acid
- Salicyclic acid acts by breaking down the keratin layer of the skin. It has keratolytic property.
- Lactic acid increases the activity of salicylic acid by aiding in skin lysis, i.e., breaking down the skin surface.
Directions for Use of Salactin Paint 10ml
- Salactin paint should be used under medical supervision only.
- Apply Salactin paint to the affected skin area, using the applicator attached to the bottle cap.
- Let the 1st drop dry before applying another one.
- Wipe off the medicine using cotton wool, if it spreads to the nearby region.
- Replace the bottle cap firmly after the application.
Storage and disposal of Salactin Paint 10ml
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- It is highly flammable, so keep it away from naked flames.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Salactin paint?
Q: How to apply Salactin Paint?
- Salactin paint has to be applied to the area affected by wart, corn or the callus.
- Before applying this paint, soak the affected part in warm water for five minutes and later towel dry the region.
- Once the part gets softened, rub using a pumice stone or manicure board.
- Apply Salactin paint to the affected part only, using the applicator, which is attached to the bottle cap.
- Prevent spilling of the paint to nearby skin, wipe it off immediately. Allow the first drop of the applied paint to dry and then apply another one.
- After applying Salactin paint, over the sole of the foot, cover it with adhesive plaster and never walk barefoot.
- Replace the cap immediately after using the Salactin paint.