Rovamycin Forte Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rovamycin Forte Tablet contains Spiramycin, an antibiotic used to treat infection of lungs, airways, mouth, skin and soft tissues by various organisms. Rovamycin Forte Tablet also treats parasitic inf
ection in pregnant women and thus reduces its transmission to the unborn baby. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and parasites. It should not be used to treat viral infections. It is more effective if taken on an empty stomach. Take the prescribed dose for a prescribed duration at the same time for optimal benefit. If you experience any other symptoms while on this medication, reach out to your doctor....
Uses of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
- Rovamycin Forte Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection of airways, mouth, skin and soft tissues caused by various organisms.
- It is also used to treat a parasitic infection in pregnant women.
Contraindications of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to Spiramycin or any other component of Rovamycin Forte Tablet.
- If you have meningitis.
Side effects of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
Can I take Rovamycin Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
Rovamycin Forte Tablet crosses the placenta and does not exhibit any potential harm to the unborn baby. It reduces the risk of transfer of infection from mother to the baby. Your doctor may prescribe you if at all necessary. Do not self-medicate.
Can I take Rovamycin Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
Rovamycin Forte Tablet passes into the breastmilk but there is limited data about the effect of this medicine on nursing mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rovamycin Forte Tablet?
Rovamycin Forte Tablet has no potential effect on the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Rovamycin Forte Tablet?
The effect of alcohol on Rovamycin Forte Tablet has not been established. However, it is not recommended to consume alcohol with any of the antibiotics as it may decrease its effectiveness. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any other symptoms after taking Rovamycin Forte Tablet.
- You have any other medical condition.
Mode of Action of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
Rovamycin Forte Tablet works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria and parasites, preventing the spread of infection.
Directions for Use of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
- Rovamycin Forte Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....Read more
Interactions of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Rovamycin Forte Tablet decreases the effect of medicines used to treat tremors such as levodopa, carbidopa.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Interactions with food items
The effect of Rovamycin Forte Tablet decreases with food.
Storage and disposal of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rovamycin Forte Tablet
If you have taken too much of Rovamycin Forte Tablet, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to take any dose of Rovamycin Forte Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Rovamycin Forte Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Rovamycin Forte Tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment, else there are chances of recurrence of an infection.
Q: Can the use of Rovamycin Forte Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Rovamycin Forte Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....Read more
Q: Is Rovamycin Forte Tablet effective?
A: Rovamycin Forte Tablet is effective if you take it at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases.
Q: Is Rovamycin Forte Tablet safe during pregnancy?
A: Rovamycin Forte Tablet is safe during pregnancy if used to treat parasitic infection (toxoplasmosis) during the pregnancy. It reduces or prevents the transmission of infection from the mother to the unborn baby.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 10:37 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved