Roseday 40mg Tablet
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Roseday 40mg Tab composition includes rosuvastatin, which belongsto the statin group used to reduce the levels of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) in the body.
Uses of Roseday 40mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart diseases
- Prevention of stroke
Contraindications of Roseday 40mg Tab
- Allergic to rosuvastatin
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Using cyclosporin
Side effects of Roseday 40mg Tab
- Common side effects of Roseday 40mg Tab include headache, dizziness, nausea, heartburn, constipation and stomach ache
- Severe side effects of include myopathy in the form of muscle aches, lethargy and fever. In case of blood in urine, muscle pains, jaundice or elevated liver enzymes, inform your physician immediately. Rhabdomyolysis (abnormal muscle breakdown) is a serious condition with severe muscle aches, soreness and fever, possibly leading to acute kidney failureread less
Precautions and Warnings of Roseday 40mg Tab
Can I take Roseday 40mg Tab during pregnancy?
Rosuvastatin should not be consumed if you are pregnant or are planning pregnancy as it harms the unborn baby. Use effective contraceptive if you are a woman of childbearing age, while taking this medicine.
Can I take Roseday 40mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Rosuvastatin passes through the breast milk in small amounts and can harm the infant. Hence avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Roseday 40mg Tab?
Yes, you can drive after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Roseday 40mg Tab?
This medicine causes liver damage. Alcohol intake should hence be reduced.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have taken fusidic acid in the past 7 days or are currently on a medicine containing fusidic acid. Rosuvastatin and fusidic acid cannot be taken together as it leads to severe muscle aches
- In case of liver or kidney problems, muscle aches, family history of muscle complaints, alcoholism
- You have had muscular complaints while taking cholesterol-lowering medicines in the past
Mode of Action of Roseday 40mg Tab
How Does It Work?
HMG-CoA reductase, an enzyme which helps produce cholesterol, is inhibited by rosuvastatin. This reduces the cholesterol levels and levels of low-density lipoproteins and increases the levels of high-density lipoprotein.
Directions for Use of Roseday 40mg Tab
- Take this medicine orally with or without food as advised by your physician
- Swallow the whole tablet
- Do not crush or chew the tablet
- Inform your physician about all your ongoing medicines and past and current medical conditions
- If you are of an Asian descent, you may need a lower dose since you may be more sensitive to the effects of this medicine
- If you are taking antacids containing aluminium or magnesium, take the antacid at least 2 hours after taking this medicine
- Take the dosage of Roseday 40mg Tab as per your physician's advice for best results
Interactions of Roseday 40mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Can increase risk of myopathy if used with lipid-lowering agents
- If you are taking amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil, monitor your lipid levels to take lowest required dose of this medicine
- Medicines like cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors can decrease the action of this medicineread less
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide should not be taken for at least 2 hours of taking rosuvastatin
- This medicine should not be taken with fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid so as to prevent serious muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
Interactions with food items
Consume extremely less quantities of grapefruit juice.
Other general Interactions
Do not take this medicine if you complain of rhabdomyolysis, liver disease, renal disease, cognitive impairment, diabetes, haematuria or proteinuria.
Storage and disposal of Roseday 40mg Tab
- Keep the medicine away from sight and reach of children
- Store the medicine away from moisture and sunlight
- Store at room temperature 68°F-77°F (20-25°C)
- Dispose the unwanted and expired strips of this medicine appropriately
Dosage of Roseday 40mg Tab
Overdose can cause usual side effects like headache, dizziness, heartburn, stomachache, nausea. Immediately consult your physician in such a scenario.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose the moment you remember. Do not take a double dose within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When will Roseday 40mg Tab start working?
A: Results can be seen within 2-4 weeks of starting the medicine as your body's low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) levels start decreasing. However, results will vary in different individuals. The dose will be adjusted by your physician each time to achieve your cholesterol goal.
Q: Are there any precautions to be followed while taking this medicine?
A: Inform your doctor in case of any renal or liver disease, or if are pregnant or breastfeeding. You should not take high fat-containing foods and must exercise regularly to reduce your blood cholesterol levels while on this medicine.
Q: What if Roseday 40mg Tab interferes with my schedule?
A: Keep a specific time for taking your medicine daily. Taking it at the same time everyday. Connecting it to an activity in your daily routine will remind you to take it regularly. Use a pill organiser or set an alarm to go off at the time of your dose.
Q: Are there any food restrictions to be followed while taking Roseday 40mg Tab?
A: Do not take grapefruit juice and reduce your alcohol intake while you are on this medicine. Consult your physician for more information.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:14 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved