Riscon Forte Tab
By ICON LIFESCIENCES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Riscon Forte Tablet contains a combination of risperidone and trihexyphenidyl. Risperidone belongs to the class of antipsychotics, while trihexyphenidyl belongs to the class of anticholinergics. It is primarily used in the treatment of schizophrenia and symptoms of mania in bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia is a condition that is characterised by symptoms like delirium, hallucinations, and abnormal thinking process. Riscon Forte Tablet should be taken at a dose and for a duration as prescribed by your doctor. It should be taken at a particular time of the day to maintain the levels of the medicine in the body. Do not stop taking the medicine abruptly, as it can lead to withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleeplessness, and fatigue. Riscon Forte Tablet should be prescribed with caution in the elderly, and in those who have kidney or liver disease. This medicine increases the chances of stroke in the elderly population with dementia. Riscon Forte tablets are usually avoided in people who may be exposed to extremes of temperature as this medicine can cause hypothermia as well as hyperthermia. This medicine can cause weight gain and an increase in blood lipid levels. Exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy lifestyle can help you maintain your weight....
|You Save||₹14.49 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Risperidone(4.0 Mg),Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||nausea, constipation, weight gain, drowsiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Risperidone(4.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Riscon Forte Tab
- Riscon Forte Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of mania in bipolar disorder
- Treatment of irritability in autistic disorder
Contraindications of Riscon Forte Tab
- If you have prolactinoma. Prolactinoma is a tumour of the endocrine glands of our body. Riscon Forte tablets can worsen the condition.
- If you have an allergy to the active or inactive ingredients of Riscon Forte Tabs.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding female as it decreases the secretion of breastmilk.
- If you have pre-existing kidney diseases. Riscon Forte Tablets should be prescribed with caution as the medicine is eliminated through the kidney.
- If you have liver disease, dose modifications should be done.
- If you have low blood pressure, as it can further decrease blood pressure levels.
- If you have a history of convulsions.
- Riscon Forte tablets should not be prescribed to children below 15 years of age or in elderly people suffering from dement
Side effects of Riscon Forte Tab
- Uncontrollable muscle movements
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Riscon Forte Tab
Can I take a Riscon Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
Riscon Forte Tablets should not be taken during pregnancy as it causes abnormal movements of limbs and withdrawal symptoms like agitation, feeding difficulties, decrease in respiratory rate, tremor, and sedation in babies.
Can I take Riscon Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to take Riscon Forte Tablets during breastfeeding as they can pass through the breastmilk and cause adverse effects like sedation, lethargy, poor feeding, and low blood pressure levels in the baby. Riscon Forte Tab can decrease the secretion of breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have taken Riscon Forte Tablet?
You should not drive after taking a Riscon Forte Tablet because this medicine causes drowsiness and lethargy. You should avoid operating any machinery as it causes impairment in judgement.
Can I consume alcohol with Riscon Forte Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Riscon Forte Tablet as the combination increases the severity of side effects like drowsiness and vision problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes and are taking a Riscon Forte mg tablet. Blood sugar should be monitored at regular intervals.
- You experience any deterioration in symptoms or the emergence of suicidal or self-harmful thoughts.
- You experience side effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
- You have liver disease. You should get your kidney function tests done at regular intervals.
- You are above the age of 65 years and are taking Riscon Forte tablets, as this medicine increases the chances of stroke in the elderly.
- You must get your blood examination done at regular intervals as Riscon Forte tablet can decrease the blood cell counts.
- Riscon Forte tablets should be prescribed with caution in people who get exposed to extremes of temperature. This medicine can cause both hypothermia and hyperthermia.
- Increased sensitivity to the Riscon Forte tablet is seen in people with Parkinson's disease. They experience symptoms like confusion, abnormal and uncontrollable movements, and low blood pressure.
Mode of Action of Riscon Forte Tab
How Does It Work?
Riscon Forte Tablet contains two medicines, risperidone and trihexyphenidyl. Risperidone belongs to the group of atypical antipsychotics. This medicine binds to the dopamine and serotonin receptors in the nerve endings. An increase in the concentration of chemical substances like dopamine and serotonin helps eliminate symptoms like low mood, low energy, and anxiety. Trihexyphenidyl blocks the secretion of a chemical substance called acetylcholine. It decreases the abnormal movements of the body, rigidity of muscles, and salivation. Both medicines help in improving the symptoms of schizophrenia....
Directions for Use of Riscon Forte Tab
- Take Riscon Forte Tab exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow Riscon Forte as a whole with water. Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage or frequency of Riscon Forte Tab.
- Do not discontinue Riscon Forte Tabs without consulting your physician first.
Interactions of Riscon Forte Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Riscon Forte Tablets are known to interact with the following medicines:
- Antiarrhythmic medicines (flecainide) can increase the risk of developing bradycardia, arrhythmia, hypotension, and heart failure.
- Antihypertensive medicines (reserpine, methyldopa, clonidine, guanfacine) can decrease heart rate and force of contraction if used with Riscon Forte Tablets.
- Antacids (cimetidine, omeprazole) slow down the absorption of Riscon Forte Tablets.
- Riscon Forte Tablet prolongs the action of anti-depolarizing muscle relaxants like succinylcholine.
- Anticoagulants (warfarin) increase the bleeding time if they are taken with Riscon Forte Tablets.
- Antidepressants (fluoxetine) cause drowsiness and sedation if used with Riscon Forte Tablets.
- Antipsychotics (Haloperidol) can cause dizziness.
- Sedatives, hypnotics (benzodiazepines, barbiturates) can cause extreme drowsiness and a decrease in respiratory rate.
- Alcohol can cause sleepiness and palpitations.
- Medicines used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease (levodopa) may not show any effect in the presence of Riscon Forte Tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Riscon Forte tablets do not cause adverse reactions with any food items. A regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor
Storage and disposal of Riscon Forte Tab
Keep this medicine in the original packaging in a cool and dry place, at a temp below 30°C. Store it according to the package or label directions away from the reach of children and pets at home. Unused/expired Riscon Forte Tablets must be disposed of as biomedical waste to avoid accidental consumption by animals and humans....
Dosage of Riscon Forte Tab
An overdose of Riscon Forte tablets can cause symptoms like drowsiness, palpitations, blurred vision, unconsciousness, and convulsions. You should immediately consult a doctor or rush to the nearby emergency room....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Riscon Forte Tablet, you should take it as soon as you can. However, if the gap is too long or it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you have missed and continue with your normal schedule. You should not take extra doses of Riscon Forte Tablets to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Riscon Forte Tablets cause weight gain?
A: Riscon Forte tablets can cause weight gain. It can also cause an increase in blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides. Hence, you should continuously monitor your weight. Do not forget to exercise regularly and have a healthy diet. You should control your urge to eat. If you are concerned with your weight gain, then you must consult a doctor.
Q: What is the risk associated with the use of Riscon Forte Tablets in the elderly?
A: There is an increased chance of death in elderly patients with dementia using Riscon Forte Tablets. Dementia is a condition in which there is a loss of cognitive functions like thinking and reasoning to the extent that it affects the day-to-day activities of the person. Using Riscon Forte Tablets in such people increases the chances of heart failure, sudden cardiac death, pneumonia. Hence, Riscon Forte Tablets are not used in the elderly population with dementia.
Q: Is Riscon Forte tablet addictive?
A: People taking Riscon Forte Tablets do not show any addictive potential. However, since the medicine acts on the central nervous system, the possibility of its misuse should be ruled out. Hence, those who are prescribed Riscon Forte tablets should be monitored closely to rule out misuse of these tablets
Expires on or After