Restyl 0.25mg Tablet
Restyl 0.25 MG Description
Restyl 0.25 MG Tablet belongs to the Benzodiazepine class of drugs. This tablet is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders, as well as stress-related anxiety disorders. It is effective in treati
ng depression-related anxiety disorders and panic attacks. In individuals suffering from depression, this medication regulates the amount of imbalanced chemicals released by the brain. This class of medications works by calming the brain and central nervous system, which helps to prevent panic attacks. Doctors generally prescribe to start with tiny doses and gradually increase it. It is possible to have withdrawal symptoms such as convulsions, aggressive behaviour, blurred vision, and others if you suddenly stop taking this prescription.
|You Save||₹3.84 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Speech change, Coordination problems, Drowsiness, Chest pain, Hazy vision, Sleeplessness, Irregular menstrual cycles, Heartburn|
Uses of Restyl 0.25 MG
- Panic disorder
Contraindications of Restyl 0.25 MG
- If you have a known allergy to Alprazolam or other inactive substances in the formulation, this drug is not for you.
- If you are taking medicines such as Itraconazole and Ketoconazole, then this medicine is not indicated.
- If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma, then this drug is contraindicated for use.
Side effects of Restyl 0.25 MG
- Changes in speech
- Vision is hazy
- Difficult urination
- Chest pain
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Generally, side effects disappear as the body adapts to the medication. If they persist, consult your doctor.
Precautions and Warnings of Restyl 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of drug abuse.
- In individuals who have a history of drug abuse, this treatment should be used with caution. Any changes in mood or behaviour, as well as any drug-seeking behaviour, should be closely observed and reported to the doctor as soon as possible....
- You want the prescription for children.
- As it has not been clinically verified that this medicine is safe and effective for children under the age of 18, it should not be used in children under this age.
- You want a prescription for elderly.
- People over the age of 60 should use this drug with extreme caution due to the possibility of drowsiness and muscle weakness.
Mode of Action of Restyl 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Restyl 0.25 MG
- These tablets should only be taken if a doctor has prescribed them. Your doctor will tell you how long you should take Restyl 0.25 Tablet based on your medical situation.
- Swallow the whole tablet with water. It is not a chewable tablet.
- Restyl 0.25 mg should not be crushed or broken in any way.
Interactions of Restyl 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other anti-anxiety medicines like Selegiline, Moclobemide, Opioids or powerful pain relievers have shown adverse reactions to Restyl 0.25mg.
- Sedatives, anti-arrhythmic drugs (cimetidine), and antibiotics (rifampin and linezolid) may also interact with Restyl 0.25mg Tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Restyl 0.25mg Tablet because it may raise the chance of side effects.
- Doctors may recommend to avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this prescription.
Storage and disposal of Restyl 0.25 MG
Dosage of Restyl 0.25 MG
- Please seek emergency medical treatment or contact a doctor in a suspected case of overdose. A dose of more than 4 mg/day can have the effects of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Restyl 0.25mg Tablet safe for people who have kidney disease?
Q: Can I take a higher dose of this Restyl 0.25mg Tablet than the prescribed amount?
- No, consuming more Restyl 0.25mg Tablet than the recommended amount can raise the risk of adverse effects and harm. Please contact your doctor for a re-evaluation if the severity of your symptoms has worsened and is not being treated with the suggested doses....