Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Remylin D 1000IU tablet is a multivitamin supplement that is used in patients with a condition called diabetic neuropathy (nerve pain or nerve damage due to diabetes). It mostly affects the nerves of
legs or feet and characterized by symptoms like numbness or tingling, burning sensation, loss of balance, sharp pain or cramps etc. It contains a combination of alpha-lipoic acid, vitamin B9 (folic acid), vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and Vitamin D3. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor about all other medicines or any supplements you are consuming. Also inform the doctor, if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or upcoming vaccination schedule. You should take this medicine only if prescribed by a doctor.
|Contains||Pyridoxine Hydrochloride(3.0 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(1.5 Mg) + Alpha Lipoic Acid(100.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1500.0 Mcg) + Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(1000.0 Iu)|
- Nervihenz Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Metalis Lifesciences Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 155.50₹ 132.179.7% CHEAPER₹ 13.22/Tablet
- Rejunuron Active Plus Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 240.00₹ 204.007.1% CHEAPER₹ 13.60/Tablet
- Fdson Total Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.0041.94% CHEAPER₹ 8.50/Tablet
- New Nervup Forte Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 184.29₹ 156.6528.69% CHEAPER₹ 10.44/Tablet
Uses of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to any components of the Remylin D 1000IU tablet.
- If you are suffering from malabsorption syndrome and increased levels of vitamin D, calcium or any of its constituents in the body.
Side effects of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Allergic reaction
- Eating disorder
- Weight loss
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The components of Remylin D 1000IU tablet passes into the breast milk. Hence it is advised to consult a doctor before using this while breastfeeding.
- If the doctor prescribes the therapeutic dose of vitamin D depending on the medical condition then, breastfed baby needs to be closely monitored for high calcium levels or vitamin D toxicity.
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition such as deficiency of vitamin B12, or folate-dependent tumour, high calcium in your blood, kidney and heart-related disease etc.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of its components.
- You are suffering from any kind of anaemia such as megaloblastic anaemia or pernicious anaemia.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- You have any hereditary eye disorder called Leber’s disease. Vitamin B12 present in this medicine can seriously harm the optic nerve, which might lead to blindness.
- You may have an existing medical condition like kidney or liver problem, hypertension, diabetes etc.
- Vitamin D should be used with caution if you have high level of calcium. Sometimes the doctor may also advise you for regular monitoring the calcium-phosphate level in blood during the treatment. The same is suggested for the infants also who are being breastfed by mothers taking this or any other supplement....
Mode of Action of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Remylin D 1000IU tablet acts by the combined action of its active ingredients- methylcobalamin, alpha Lipoic acid, folic acid, vitamin D and pyridoxine.
- Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) also called a red vitamin and is essential for regulating blood cells. It also works as neuroprotective and promotes myelination (the protective covering of myelin) in neurons. The deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause neurological problems....
- Vitamin D3 which is also known as cholecalciferol and helps in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous in the body, thus helps in the regeneration and growth of the bones. It also improves neuronal and immune function....
- Folic acid is required to regulate the growth of cells including red blood cells and protein synthesis. It is also involved in reactions such as methylation and the synthesis of neurotransmitters. It improves nerve conduction in diabetic neuropathy....
- Alpha-lipoic acid acts as an antioxidant that protects or prevents the tissues from damaging (oxidative stress) that occurs due to diabetic neuropathy. It provides relief from pain, numbness, itching or burning sensation associated with diabetic neuropathy....
- Pyridoxine (also called Vitamin B6) helps in the rejuvenation of nerves and red blood cells.
Directions for Use of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Remylin D 1000IU tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that recommended stated dose.
Interactions of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Remylin D 1000IU tablet may interact with other medicines, if taken along and create an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- In particular if you are taking medications such as antibacterial medicines like chloramphenicol, anti-epileptic medicines, anti-parkinson's medicines, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, methotrexate (an anti-cancer and immunomodulator), sulfasalazine (used for the treatment of ulcerative colitis), antacids, and anti-diabetic medicines, potassium supplements etc....
Storage and disposal of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Remylin D 1000IU tablet below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Remylin D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Remylin D used for?
Q: Is there any side effect of Remylin D 1000IU tablet?
Q: Can I consume alcohol along with Remylin D 1000IU tablet?
Q: Can I take my other medications along with Remylin D 1000IU tablet?
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Remylin D 1000IU tablet, if taken at the same time. So, always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking antibiotics like chloramphenicol, antiepileptic medicines like phenytoin, water pills, antituberculosis medicines like rifampicin etc.