Qutan Sr 300mg Tablet
Qutan Sr 300 MG Description
The Qutan SR 300 Tablet is used in the treatment of mania and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental condition that causes hallucinations or delusions and impairs a person's ability to think and be
have. It also aids in the treatment of bipolar disorder. It is critical that you do not stop taking Qutan SR 300 Tablet without first consulting your doctor, since this could make your condition worse. If you get Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), which is marked by fever, muscle rigidity, altered awareness, or seizures, stop taking this prescription right away. When changing positions, this prescription may cause a fast drop in blood pressure, so it's best to rise gently if you've been sitting or lying down. This prescription may cause you to gain weight, but you can reduce this adverse effect by changing your lifestyle and eating a nutritious diet and exercising regularly. While taking Qutan SR 300 Tablet, you should be cautious because it may raise your risk of getting diabetes. Therefore it's best to keep track of your glucose levels on a frequent basis. While using this medication, report any unexpected changes in mood or behaviour, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts to your doctor.
|Side effects||Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Increased triglyceride level in blood, Dizziness, Headache, Weight gain, Drowsiness, Dryness in mouth|
Uses of Qutan Sr 300 MG
- Qutan SR 300 Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of mania
Contraindications of Qutan Sr 300 MG
- If you are allergic to quetiapine or the other inactive substances in Qutan SR 300 Tablet.
Side effects of Qutan Sr 300 MG
- Decreased haemoglobin level in blood
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
- Weight gain
- Dryness in mouth
- Extrapyramidal symptoms
- Decreased cholesterol level in blood
- Withdrawal symptoms
Precautions and Warnings of Qutan Sr 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You notice any changes in your behaviour or have suicidal thoughts during the course of Qutan SR 300 Tablet.
- You have diabetes. Qutan SR 300 Tablet may cause the blood glucose levels to fluctuate. Su
- You have low blood white blood cells count. During therapy, any indications of fever or weakness should be reported to the doctor. The number of blood cells is counted on a regular basis.
- You have tardive dyskinesia. Qutan SR 300 Tablet may cause involuntary movements of lips, tongue, and face. If you have any of these symptoms, inform the doctor. Gradual dose reduction or discontinuation of the medicine should be considered....
- You have withdrawal symptoms. Qutan SR 300 Tablet should not be stopped suddenly. This might cause withdrawal symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, and anxiety. Do not stop taking this medication without first talking to your doctor....
- You have hypotension. Patients are encouraged to carefully rise from a sitting or lying position to avoid an abrupt drop in blood pressure. Fainting, dizziness, lightheadedness, and other symptoms should be reported to a doctor as soon as possible. ...
- Qutan SR 300 Tablet should not be administered to children under 10 years of age. The safety and efficacy of Qutan SR 300 Tablet use are not clinically established for this age group.
Mode of Action of Qutan Sr 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Qutan Sr 300 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of Qutan SR 300 Tablet.
- Swallow Qutan SR 300 Tablet as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- Qutan SR 300 Tablet can be taken before or after a meal.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, it is best to take Qutan SR 300 Tablet at the same time every day.
- Do not alter the dose of Qutan SR 300 Tablet without consulting with the doctor.
Interactions of Qutan Sr 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine such as levodopa, pramipexole, and ropinirole are some examples that may interfere with your Parkinson's medication's effectiveness. It's possible that your Parkinson's disease symptoms will worsen as a result when taken with Qutan SR 300 Tablet....
- Qutan SR 300 Tablet, when taken with muscle relaxants such as baclofen, cyclobenzaprine, methocarbamol, tizanidine, carisoprodol, or metaxalone, may have increased drowsiness.
- Qutan SR 300 Tablet, when taken with antihypertensives such as amlodipine, lisinopril, losartan, or metoprolol, may lower your blood pressure even more.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit should not be consumed while using Qutan SR 300 Tablet because it may interfere with the medication's effectiveness.
Storage and disposal of Qutan Sr 300 MG
Dosage of Qutan Sr 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Qutan SR 300 Tablet do to the brain?
Q: Can Qutan SR 300 Tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Can I stop taking Qutan SR 300 Tablet if I am better now?
- 1)Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006. Quetiapine. [Accessed 20 Mar. 2022] .(online) Available from
- 2)Drugs.com. Quetiapine. [Accessed 20 Mar. 2022] (online) Available from
- 3)Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 20 Mar. 2022] (online) Available from