Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet Description
Provanol Plus Tablet is a combination medicine. It is used for the prevention of migraine attacks. Provanol Plus contains propranolol and flunarizine as its active ingredient. Migraine is a type of h
eadache that usually occurs on one side of your head and causes throbbing pain. It is often accompanied by symptoms like nausea and sickness, and visual disturbances, sensitivity to light, etc. Take this Tablet at the prescribed dose and duration as advised by your treating doctor. Along with the medication you should also try to avoid migraine triggering factors such as stress, poor sleeping patterns, direct sunlight, tiredness, certain medications like sleeping pills, etc.
|You Save||₹23.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Propranolol(40.0 Mg) + Flunarizine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevention of migraine attacks|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, fatigue, slow heart rate, sleep disturbances|
- Migrabeta Plus TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.00₹ 122.407.69% CHEAPER₹ 12.24/Tablet
- Zinepra 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 121.00₹ 102.8522.47% CHEAPER₹ 10.28/Tablet
- Cardimol Plus 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 124.00₹ 124.006.49% CHEAPER₹ 12.4/Tablet
- Inderal F 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.32₹ 95.5127.98% CHEAPER₹ 9.55/Tablet
- Migitus 10 MgBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.20₹ 108.9717.8% CHEAPER₹ 10.9/Tablet
Uses of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
Contraindications of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to propranolol, flunarizine or any component of Provanol Plus Tablet
- If you suffer from low blood pressure or slow heart rate.
- If you have a heart-related condition such as heart block, angina, sick sinus or have suffered cardiogenic shock.
- If you suffer from a psychiatric condition such as feeling low, mood swings, Parkinson disease, etc.
- If you have a hormone secreting tumour called phaeochromocytoma.
- If your blood sugar levels are low or you have suffered metabolic acidosis.
Side effects of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
- Weight gain
- Slow heart rate
- Sleep disturbances
- Cold feet and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart-related condition including heart failure, heart block or blood circulation disorder.
- You have liver function problems or muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis), infection of the liver or psoriasis.
- You should stop smoking and consuming tobbacco containing products while on treatment with Provanol Plus Tablet.
Mode of Action of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
- Provanol Plus Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it regularly as directed by your doctor to prevent migraine attacks.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Provanol Plus Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken along. Hence, inform your doctor about all the medicines supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for a heart condition, for psychiatric illness, anti-diabetics, anti-hypertensives, anticoagulants, anti-infectives, medicines used to reduce acidity, other anti-migraine medicines, medicines for irregular heart rhythm....
Storage and disposal of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
- Store Provanol Plus Tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Provanol Plus 10mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any lifestyle recommendations to prevent or reduce migraine?
- Make a consistent sleep schedule and take proper rest.
- Do meditation and yoga, it helps in relieving stress and provide relaxation.
- Take your meals regularly throughout the day.
- Try to avoid the factors that trigger your migraine (medicine, food, etc.)
- Try to maintain a healthy weight if you are obese or overweight.