Protar K Solution 100ml
Protar K Solution 100ml Description
Protar K solution is a topical preparation with anti-dandruff properties. It is used on the scalp for the management of dandruff, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis. Dandruff is a common problem in
which dry skin flake off of the scalp. Seborrhoeic dermatitis is a common skin condition that mainly affects your scalp causing itching, redness, scaly patches and dandruff. Protar K solution contains ketoconazole and coal tar along with the added advantage of coco betaine- a conditioner, moisturiser and germicidal. It works by reducing and controlling the growth of a fungus-like organism and other pathogens which may cause seborrhoeic dermatitis and dandruff. While using this scalp solution following healthy lifestyle habits, like managing stress and getting plenty of sleep, can also improve your scalp skin and keep your symptom under control.
Uses of Protar K Solution 100ml
- Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
- Scalp Psoriasis
- Sebo Psoriasis
Contraindications of Protar K Solution 100ml
- If you are allergic to any component of Protar K solution.
Side effects of Protar K Solution 100ml
- Skin burning sensation
- Redness & swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Protar K Solution 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this medicine.
- You have any skin related condition of the scalp.
- Avoid contact with eyes and open wounds.
- In case of accidental contact with eyes flush with clean water.
Mode of Action of Protar K Solution 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Ketoconazole is an antifungal agent. It prevents the growth of fungus which could cause dandruff and other symptoms of the scalp.
- Coal tar is known to have antimicrobial properties. It may also reduce itching and scaling.
Directions for Use of Protar K Solution 100ml
- Wet your hair and scalp, apply the required amount of Protar K solution.
- Massage gently and rinse with water.
- Use it on alternate days or as directed by a doctor.
Interactions of Protar K Solution 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Protar K solution is meant for topical application on the scalp and hence is less likely to interact with medicines taken orally.
- Avoid simultaneous application of any other medicine on the scalp and inform your doctor if you are using other preparations on your scalp.
Storage and disposal of Protar K Solution 100ml
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.