Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Metoprolol and Amlodipine. It is used in treating high blood pressure and also certain heart problems like heart failure, heart related chest pain, etc. Take this medicine exactly as told by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and is also useful for heart-related chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms and chronic heart failure.
Contraindications of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
- As Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet contains metoprolol and amlodipine, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- If you have continuous chest pain that occurs when you are at rest, between midnight and early morning.
- If you are suffering from sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms due to malfunction of sinus node).
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to tumour in adrenal gland.
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body).
- If you have severe low blood pressure.
Side effects of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Pounding heartbeat
- Flushing, swollen ankles
- Low blood pressure when you stand
Precautions and Warnings of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
Can I take Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine may cause harmful effects on unborn baby thus should be avoided. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. You should always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breast milk and thus is not recommended if you are breastfeeding. The infant needs close monitoring for side effects like slowing of heart rate in such cases. You should always consult a doctor before starting any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet?
This medicine may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet?
Alcohol intake along with this medicine can make you feel dizzy, lightheaded and sometimes may cause a drop in blood pressure. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from a liver disease.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain. (Prinzmetal’s angina)
- You have a circulation related problem in toes, arm, legs or fingers.
- You have any heart problems like heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery.
- You experience skin disease like psoriasis. (severe skin rashes)
- You have asthma.
- You are an elderly person.
- You suffer from muscle weakness.
- You have diabetes, then caution is required. This medicine may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc.Read less
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.Read less
- Medicines used to treat heart rhythm like amiodarone, disopyramide, antidepressants like metoprolol and amlodipine, anti-HIV medicines like Ritonavir, anti-allergic medicines like Diphenhydramine.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions like digoxin, nitroglycerine
- Medicines used to treat mental conditions like carbamazepine, Anti Parkinson's medicines like amantadine.
- Antidiabetic medicines like insulin, gliclazide, other antihypertensive medicines and medicines used to treat like Prazosine, tamsulosin.
- Antituberculosis medicines like rifampicin.
- Medicines used to treat asthma, COPD or other respiratory disorders like salbutamol, theophylline.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice should be avoided during the treatment with Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
- Store this medicine in original packing to protect it from light.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, nausea, vomiting, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of potassium or calcium in the blood.Read less
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking this medication on my own?
A: If you stop taking medicines before the prescribed dosage duration, even if you feel better, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet without talking to your doctor.
Q: Is Prolomet Am 25mg Tablet habit-forming?
- No habit-forming tendencies have been seen with this medicine.
- CDSCO. Metoprolol/amlodipine. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
- Lactmed. Metoprolol. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
- Emc SmPC. Metoprolol. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
- Emc SmPC. Amlodipine. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
- Ema. Metoprolol. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
- Ema. Amlodipine. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Norvasc. [Accessed on 22.Sept.2020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved