Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is contains Pregabalin.
Uses of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli. For management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
Contraindications of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to pregabalin or any other ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Confusion, depression, headache, dizziness, difficulty in movement and other mental issues
- Chest pain, feeling sick, tiredness, muscle and joint pain, fatigue and back ache
- Swelling of face and body parts, weight variations, rashes, itching & excessive sensitivity
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, vomiting, dry mouth and sore throat
- Infection of eyes, lungs, throat, airways, urinary tract, runny nose
- Blurred vision, high blood pressure, spinning of head and low blood sugar
- Impotency, lack in sexual drive, anxiety, feeling hostile, uncontrolled movements, sleeplessness
Precautions and Warnings of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by doctor and potential risk justifies the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of child bearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.Your doctor will decide wether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
This medicine can impair your driving ability as you may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
It is advised to not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicne as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You have heart failure problem or you are diebetic or have kidney function problem.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in skin, itching etc. after taking this medicine.
- This medicine can cause dizziness, and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.stomach discomfort, constipation etc.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Mode of Action of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotrasmitter) in brain responsible for sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, as it can lead to diarrhoea, lack of sleep, nausea, fits. Incase it has to be stopped, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Interactions of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets can increase the effect of medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone and can lead to breathing difficulties, coma and sometimes can be fatal.read less
- Medicine like oxycodone used for serious painful condition if taken along can lead to loss of memory and ability to perform normal physical movements.
- You may experience dizziness and sleepiness if you are taking medicine called lorazepam for anxiety disorders and sleep disorders.
Storage and disposal of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 30°C protected from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Prebaxe 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose are similar to common side effects like sleepiness, restlessness, iritation etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. In rare cases the overdose of this medicine can lead to coma.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it a normal painkiller?
A: This medicine is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking this medication on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, depression, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.read less
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved