Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Pentab D Tablet is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of a
id irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. It contains a combination of two medicines - pantoprazole and domperidone. This combination is used in patients in which pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. Pentab D Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken before meals.
|You Save||₹18.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, dry mouth, headache, weakness, rashes, nausea|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Felibely 10/40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.00₹ 126.65₹ 12.67/Tablet
- Pantosec D TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.00₹ 104.30₹ 10.43/Tablet
- Pantafol D Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.5041% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Pantogyn D Tablets 10'sBy Origin Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 68.0033% CHEAPER₹ 6.8/Tablet
- Piza D Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Unimarck Pharma India Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.00₹ 62.0539% CHEAPER₹ 6.21/Tablet
- Pentalink D TabletBy Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 91.90₹ 78.1123% CHEAPER₹ 7.81/Tablet
- Wispant D Tablets 10'sBy Wisdom Exim10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.2529% CHEAPER₹ 7.23/Tablet
Uses of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or other ingredients present along with it.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called Rilpivirine.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you were diagnosed with pituitary gland tumors
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure,irregular heart rhythm, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Flatulence (Passing gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- There is no safety information available on the use of Pentab D Tablet in pregnant women. Hence, it should be avoided unless it is prescribed by the doctor to reduce the chances of any potential harm to the unborn baby....
- Components of Pentab D Tablet pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding if it is necessary for your health. In that case, avoid breastfeeding....
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, including kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture recently or have brittle or weak bones (Osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or any anti-infective medicine.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- If you are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have existing heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm disorders and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- You may be asked by your doctor to perform certain tests regularly if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Mode of Action of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Pentab D Tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients, pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole reduces the intake of certain ions in the stomach wall that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach, and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent. It works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Pentab D works or Pentab D itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like antibiotics, antimalarials, blood thinners, and to treat heart conditions like heart failure, high cholesterol, antimalarials, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Pentab D Tablet in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Pentab D Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
Q: Can I give Pentab D Tablet to my child?
Q: Pentab D Tablet vs Pan 40, how do they differ?
- Pentab D Tablet is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines. ...
- Pan 40 contains only Pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). These two differ in their ingredients and the conditions they are used for. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history....