Penidure La 12 Injection
Penidure La 1200000 U Description
Penidure LA 12 injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of various bacterial infections such as skin infections, sexually transmitted diseases, rheumatic fever
, etc. It contains benzathine penicillin as its active ingredient. This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. Do not self-inject this medicine. Please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor. Before using Penidure LA 12 injection, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Penidure La 1200000 U
Contraindications of Penidure La 1200000 U
- If you are allergic to penicillin or similar antibiotics or any of the ingredient of Penidure LA 12 injection.
- If you have a history of previous allergic reactions upon the use of antibiotic medicines containing cephalosporin, carbapenem, or monobactam. If you are not sure about these medicines, ask your doctor....
Side effects of Penidure La 1200000 U
- Pain and swelling at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Penidure La 1200000 U
Other General Warnings
- You have or ever had an allergic reaction to other antibiotics like penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition.
- Your liver and kidneys are not functioning properly, in this case, dose adjustment may be required.
- You experience any allergic symptoms such as rashes, difficulty in breathing, itching after taking this injection.
- You have asthma, have a fever or any kind of previously known allergy.
- Regular monitoring of liver and kidney function may be required when you are taking this injection.
Mode of Action of Penidure La 1200000 U
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Penidure La 1200000 U
- Penidure LA 12 injection will be given into your muscles by a healthcare professional.
- Please follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Penidure La 1200000 U
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Penidure LA 12 injection works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking any other antibiotics, medicines for the treatment of gout, anticoagulants and medicines used in chemotherapy like methotrexate. If you are not sure about these medicines, ask your doctor....
Storage and disposal of Penidure La 1200000 U
- Store Penidure LA 12 injection in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Penidure La 1200000 U
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Penidure injection?
Q: What is Penidure injection used for?
Q: How will Penidure LA 12 injection be given to me?
Q: Can Penidure LA 12 injection be used during pregnancy?
- Benzylpenicillin benzathine 1.2 Million I.U. powder and solvent for suspension for injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 Apr 2022]
- Benzylpenicillin benzathine 1.2 Million I.U. powder and solvent for suspension for injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 Apr 2022]