Pcm Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD GX
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pcm 150 MG/ML Description
PCM 150mg injection contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called Analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever).
|You Save||₹0.97 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(150.0 Mg/Ml)|
|Uses||Pain and fever|
|Side effects||Nause, vomiting, headache, lack of sleep|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(150.0 Mg/Ml)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pcm Ampoule Of 2ml Injection
- Febrinil Ampoule Of 3ml InjectionBy Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd3ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 10.83₹ 9.21₹ 3.07/Millilitre
Uses of Pcm 150 MG/ML
- Periods pain
- Joint pain
- Flu-like symptoms
Contraindications of Pcm 150 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Pcm 150 MG/ML
- Lack of sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Pcm 150 MG/ML
Can I take PCM 150mg injection during pregnancy?
It can be taken in pregnancy as there are no side effects in recommended doses; however, consult your doctor on the use of this medicine before taking.
Can I take PCM 150mg injection while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed PCM 150mg injection?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with PCM 150mg injection?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment, as it may cause liver damage especially more than three alcoholic drinks per day.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Pcm 150 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. PCM 150mg injection contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever....
Directions for Use of Pcm 150 MG/ML
- This injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this injection
Interactions of Pcm 150 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
Storage and disposal of Pcm 150 MG/ML
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Pcm 150 MG/ML
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose. Caution is needed in older people too.
Q: How can I administer PCM injection?
A: The PCM injection is administered by a doctor or nurse in a healthcare setup. Do not self-inject.
Q: What is the full form of PCM injection?
A: PCM in PCM injection stands for paracetamol.
- Anadin- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- Anadin- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- Ofirmev [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- Paracetamol- NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- Paracetamol- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed