Paxidep Cr 37.5mg Tablet
Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG Description
Paxidep Cr 37.5 mg tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat Major Depressive Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and other anxiety disorders such as Social Anxiety Disorders (SAD),
Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The active ingredient in Paxidep Cr 37.5 mg tablet is Paroxetine, an antidepressant class of medicines. The mode of action of Paxidep Cr tablet is by preventing the reuptake of the neurotransmitter serotonin, a chemical messenger between nerve cells. An increase in serotonin concentration helps with sedation, anxiety, and muscle relaxation leading to an improved mental state. Directions for use of Paxidep Cr 37.5 mg tablets should be strictly followed. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for Paxidep Cr tablets to attain full potential. This tablet should not be used with alcohol and should be taken only in the recommended dose. This medicine can increase suicidal tendencies and ideation in users, especially adolescents and young adults. It is, therefore, recommended to be in close contact with the consulting doctor for the entire course of treatment. Side effects of Paxidep Cr 37.5 mg tablets include difficulty maintaining sleep, nausea, loose motions, headaches, lethargy, sexual dysfunction, and drowsiness.
|Uses||Major Depressive Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Social Anxiety Disorders (SAD), Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)|
|Side effects||Difficulty in maintaining sleep, Nausea, Loose motions, Headaches, Lethargy, Sexual dysfunction, Drowsiness|
Uses of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
- According to CDSCO, Paxidep Cr tablet is used in the treatment of:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Contraindications of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
- Paxidep Cr tablets should be avoided:
- If you are allergic to paroxetine.
- If you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have low sodium levels.
- If you have glaucoma.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have any bleeding disorders.
- If you have seizures (fits).
- If you have any bone fractures.
Side effects of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
- Side effects of Paxidep Cr tablets include:
- Difficulty in maintaining sleep
- Loose motions
- Sexual dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have chest pain after taking this tablet.
- You have suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- You have sexual problems.
- You have excessive bleeding or cannot stop bleeding from any cuts.
- You have difficulty breathing.
- You experience bloody vomiting or notice blood in the urine.
- You feel confused or disoriented.
Mode of Action of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
- Take Paxidep Cr tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Swallow the Paxidep Cr tablet with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine at the same time every day.
- Check the expiration date on the package and do not consume expired medicine.
- Do not consume the tablets if their packaging is broken.
Interactions of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Paxidep Cr tablets may interact with certain medicines. It is critical to inform the treating doctor about any other medications being taken.
- Paxidep Cr tablets can cause Serotonin Syndrome when co-administered with:
- Antidepressants like phenelzine and selegiline
- Antibiotics like linezolid
- Antipsychotics like thioridazine
- Medicines like pimozide used to control abnormal movements
- Strong painkillers like tramadol, fentanyl, and methadone
- Blood thinners like aspirin, clopidogrel, heparin, and warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Antivirals like ritonavir and fosamprenavir can decrease paroxetine levels in the body.
Storage and disposal of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
Dosage of Paxidep Cr 37.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I suddenly stop taking Paxidep Cr tablets?
Q: Will I immediately feel better after starting treatment with Paxidep Cr tablets?
Q: Will I experience weight change after starting treatment with Paxidep Cr tablets?
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022] -
- DailyMed. PAROXETINE tablet, film-coated [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 February 2022] -
- Paroxetine: An Antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 25 February 2022] -
- Drugs H. Paroxetine. MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 25 February 2022]
- PAXIL® (paroxetine hydrochloride) Tablets and Oral Suspension [Internet]. accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 25 February 2022] -
- Paroxetine [Internet]. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 25 February 2022] -