Paramet Tablet Description
Paramet tablet contains paracetamol and metoclopramide as active substances. It is used in the treatment of symptoms associated with migraine. Paracetamol relieves pain while metoclopramide relieves
the feeling of nausea and vomiting. It is not recommended in children below 18 years of age and should be used with caution in adults above 65 years of age. Long-term use of this medicine is not recommended as this medicine may increase the risk of liver damage and uncontrolled jerky movements of the facial muscles and eyes. Paramet tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹4.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metoclopramide(5.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, diarrhoea, sleepiness|
Uses of Paramet Tablet
Contraindications of Paramet Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, metoclopramide, or any other ingredients of Paramet tablet.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure.
- If you have bleeding or blockage or perforation in the stomach.
- If you have or had seizures/fits.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland.
- If you are suffering from a mental condition of repetitive blinking of the eye and involuntary movements of the facial muscles (tardive dyskinesia caused due to overuse of medicines used to treat brain disorders)....
- If you have liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are on medications for brain disorders/Parkinson's disease like levodopa.
Side effects of Paramet Tablet
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Paramet Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning a pregnancy.
- You are planning for any surgery, especially dental surgery.
- You are allergic to any of the active ingredients like paracetamol or metoclopramide or any other ingredients in the tablet.
- You are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- You are at risk or suffering from a condition of uncontrolled jerky movements of the face muscles and eyes (tardive dyskinesia).
- You are already taking medicines that contain paracetamol.
- You have or had asthma and/or skin-related disorders.
- You are taking medicines for irritable bowel syndrome, motion sickness, or mood disorders.
- You have an adrenal gland tumour and/or bleeding in the stomach.
- You experience symptoms like drowsiness, decreased level of consciousness, and confusion after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from malnutrition.
- You are suffering from an inherited blood disorder of deficiency of an enzyme that forms active haemoglobin (methemoglobinemia).
Mode of Action of Paramet Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Paramet tablet is a combination of paracetamol and metoclopramide.
- Paracetamol/acetaminophen is a medicine that relieves pain by blocking the production of a chemical substance called prostaglandin that causes pain. Metoclopramide is a medicine that relieves the feeling of nausea and vomiting by increasing the contraction of the muscles of the upper portion of the digestive tract which helps in faster emptying of the food in the stomach....
Directions for Use of Paramet Tablet
- Take Paramet tablet as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Paramet Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Paramet tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Consuming Paramet tablet with medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa is strictly prohibited.
- This medicine enhances the effect of medicines like clozapine, risperidone, alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam, and lorazepam used to treat brain/mood-related disorders.
- The medicine chloramphenicol used to fight various infections remains longer in the system when taken along with Paramet tablet.
- This medicine increases the effect of blood thinners like warfarin thereby increasing the risk of bleeding.
- The effect of this medicine is increased when used together with medicines used to prevent rejections after an organ transplant (ciclosporin).
- Concomitant use of Paramet tablet with medicines used to treat high blood pressure, migraine/ hot flushes in menopause should be avoided.
- Taking Paramet tablet along with anti-allergic medicines that cause sedation like promethazine and chlorpheniramine may cause increased sedative effects like drowsiness, sleepiness, and dizziness.
- Medicines like digoxin used for treating various heart problems tend to decrease the effect of Paramet tablet when taken together.
- Effect of this medicine is increased when used together with medicines used to relieve nausea and vomiting (domperidone).
- Medicines like cholestyramine used for lowering cholesterol, medicines like mebeverine or hyoscine used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, pain-killers; interfere with and reduce the effect of Paramet tablet when used together....
Storage and disposal of Paramet Tablet
- Store Paramet tablet in a cool and dry place at room temperature.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Paramet Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Paramet tablet be used for morning sickness?
Q: My mother is 68 years old, she has a history of diabetes and migraine. Can she take Paramet tablet?
Q: Does Paramet tablet cause weight gain?
Q: I have a dental surgery planned next week, should I take Paramet tablet?
Q: What is the use of Paramet tablet?
Q: Can Paramet tablet be used for fever?
- Paramax 500mg/5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- Paramax 500mg/5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- Metoclopramide: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- Paracetamol: Uses, Dosage & Side Effects - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- Metoclopramide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- Acetaminophen [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]
- Metoclopramide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 28 Apr 2022]