Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
By CONCEPT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Pantacon D Capsule 10'S contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine.
|Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)
|ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Protera D CapsuleBy Lupin10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 234.70₹ 234.70₹ 23.47/Capsule
Uses of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
It is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity....
Contraindications of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours)
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance
Side effects of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Decreased magnesium in blood
- Polyps in the stomach
- Irregular menses, breast enlargement, breast swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Pantacon D Capsule 10'S during pregnancy?
- The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby
- Do not use this medicine during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby
Can I take Pantacon D Capsule 10'S while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantacon D Capsule 10'S?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantacon D Capsule 10'S?
There are no interaction reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You are taking medicines to treat infection or you have HIV
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine since last one year
Mode of Action of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion
- Domperidone increases the motility of stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe
Directions for Use of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
It should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart
Interactions with food items
To be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Pantacon D Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Overdose symptoms may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking this medicine?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problem
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12
- You should avoid the use of this medicine for a prolonged time
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure in between stomach and food pipe, which allows food to pass from food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach, goes back, upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give this medicine to my child for acidity?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Expires on or After
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.