P 500mg Susp
By APEX LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
60ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
P 500mg Susp is a synthetic non-opioid analgesic and antipyretic. It is a common pain killer.
Uses of P 500mg Susp
P 500mg Susp is typically used to treat mild to moderate pain(lower back pain,headache,toothache,migraine,postoperative pain) Control fever(rise in temperature of the body)
Contraindications of P 500mg Susp
- Allergic to the medicine
- Suffering from kidney or liver disease
- If one is already consuming the medicine in any other form
Side effects of P 500mg Susp
- P 500mg Susp side effects commonly appear as:
- skin reaction which could be in the form of itching, rashes, swelling of face/tongue/throat
- Severe dizziness, trouble breathing
- Rare side effects of P 500mg Susp can be low platelet & white blood cell count
Precautions and Warnings of P 500mg Susp
Can I take P 500mg Susp during pregnancy?
This medicine can be safely taken during pregnancy in recommended doses.
Can I take P 500mg Susp while breastfeeding?
This medicine can be safely taken during breastfeeding as per physician recommended doses.
Can I drive if I have consumed P 500mg Susp?
As long the medicine is taken in recommended doses, it is not known to interfere with driving.
Can I consume alcohol with P 500mg Susp?
P 500mg Susp can be safely consumed if one has had moderate amount of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
One should tell the doctor a proper medical history, especially liver or kidney disease before taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of P 500mg Susp
How Does It Work?
P 500mg Susp is a peripherally acting analgesic; which works mainly by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandin(PGs), which are local factors produced by the body during pain, fever and inflammation. Its antipyretic action is due to its direct action on the hypothalamic heat regulatory system in brain.
Directions for Use of P 500mg Susp
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- This suspension is for oral consumption
- Shake the bottle well before use
- This medicine is to be consumed every 4 to 6 hours
Interactions of P 500mg Susp
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine interacts with certain medicines like:
- Carbamazepine-used to treat epilepsy
- Amobarbital -used to treat insomnia
- Phenobarbital-used to treat seizures, insomnia
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions with food.
Other general Interactions
P 500mg Susp should be taken with caution if one has liver problems, kidney problems and alcohol dependence.
Storage and disposal of P 500mg Susp
P 500mg Susp should be stored in tightly closed containers protected from light, below 25°C.
Dosage of P 500mg Susp
- Overdose of this medicine can lead to:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, sweating etc
- Serious complications can represent as profuse sweating, irritability, convulsions, coma, bleeding, low blood sugar
- Taking multiple doses of this medicine can lead to Liver damage
Missed a Dose
If one remembers that a dose is missed under 2 hours before your next dose, it is advised to take a missed dose and then wait for 4 hours and consume the next dose. However, if it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule of doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I be cautious while taking paracetamol?
- One needs to be cautious with P 500mg Susp if he/she is suffering from
- bleeding disorder
- kidney problems
- liver problems
- Drinking too much alcohol
- NHS. Paracetamol for adults
- WHO Model prescribing Information: Drugs used in Anesthesia
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets
- Your MD. Paracetamol
- NHS. Can I take paracetamol when I am pregnant?
- Drugs.com. Paracetamol adult 500mg/5ml Oral Suspension
- Paracetamol Side Effects
- WebMD. Paracetamol Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing
- NHS.Can I drink alcohol if I'm taking painkillers?
- National Library of Medicine (US); 2006-. Acetaminophen
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:00 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved