Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho) Description
Oriquin Ec Tablet is an antimalarial medicine. It contains quinine as its active component that is used to treat malaria. It may also be used to treat and prevent nighttime leg cramps. This medicine
works by acting directly on malaria-causing organisms and thus inhibiting their growth. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Stopping this medicine suddenly may result in treatment failure and incomplete eradication of malaria-causing organisms from the body. Thereby, increasing the risk of re-infection. Before taking Oriquin Ec Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
- Oriquin Ec Tablet is used for the treatment of malaria.
- It may also be used to treat and prevent nighttime leg cramps.
Contraindications of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
- If you are allergic to quinine or any of the ingredients of Oriquin Ec Tablet.
- If you have any kind of eye problem such as swelling in the eye or difficulty in vision.
- If you have a condition of muscle weakness.
- If you are suffering from ringing in the ears.
- If you have any kind of blood-related disorder.
Side effects of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
- Stomach pain
- Muscle or joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
Other General Warnings
- You have heart disorders like irregular heartbeat, slow heart rate, etc.
- You have a history of malaria for a long time.
- You were born or have any other medical condition that affects heart rhythm.
- You have an enzyme deficiency called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
Mode of Action of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
- Oriquin Ec Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor, preferably with food or a beverage containing milk or water.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you vomit within 1 hour of taking this medicine, take another dose.
Interactions of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
Interactions with other medicines
- Oriquin Ec Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking any other anti-malarial medicines like artemether with lumefantrine, chloroquine, etc., anti-coagulants, heart-related medicines, anti-epileptic medicines, medicines for brain-related disorders, antiparkinson medicine, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, antibiotics like moxifloxacin, anti-fungal medicines, muscle relaxants, anti-HIV medicines, anti-reflux medicines, painkillers, etc....
Storage and disposal of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
- Store Oriquin Ec Tablet below 30°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Oriquin Ec 300mg Tablets (Osho)
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of the Oriquin Ec Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.