Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Orcerin GM Tablet is a combination medicine used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joint. It contains Glucosamine sulphate potassium chloride, Diacerein and Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) as the active ingredients. It reduces the pain and swelling at the joint by tackling the inflammation. Orcerin GM Tablet promotes ease of movement by reducing the friction between the joints. They do so by increasing the cushioning effect between the joints. This tablet is for adults only and should not be used for children under 18 years of age. You may experience diarrhoea, headache, nausea and stomach pain. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor. Inform your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking and medical conditions you have or had prior.
Uses of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Orcerin GM Tablet is used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joints especially in the initial stage of the disease
Contraindications of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to glucosamine sulphate potassium chloride, diacerein, and Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) or any other component of Orcerin GM Tablet.
- If you are allergic to shellfish.
- If you are suffering from liver disease and/or severe kidney damage.
- If you are or were suffering from food pipe or intestinal disease like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease.
- If have a history of or are suffering from obstruction of the intestine.
- If you are prone to or are suffering from stomach ache.
Side effects of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea and vomiting
- Drowsiness and tiredness
- Diarrhoea, indigestion and gases
- Stomach pain
- Rash, itching, reddening of the skin
- Increase liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Orcerin GM Tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine is not recommended to be used by a pregnant woman to avoid harm to the developing foetus as there is limited information available about the effect of Orcerin GM Tablet on pregnant women and the developing foetus. Inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking during pregnancy.
Can I take Orcerin GM Tablet while breastfeeding?
Orcerin GM Tablet is not recommended to be used by a breastfeeding mother, as a component of this medicine passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the baby. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Orcerin GM Tablet?
This tablet may make you feel drowsy. do not drive if you are experiencing side effects like drowsiness and headache.
Can I consume alcohol with Orcerin GM Tablet?
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while on Orcerin GM Tablet as it can alter the effect of medicine and may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have a habit of consuming it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any other joint disease/ condition to find out the exact cause.
- You have a history of or are suffering from liver, heart or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are suffering from asthma
- You are suffering from increased cholesterol levels
- You are on antibiotics for any other medical condition, as it may increase the risk of stomach problems
- You are pregnant, you think you may be pregnant and breastfeeding.
- You have experienced diarrhoea due to Orcerin GM Tablet earlier.
- You had electrolyte imbalance or dehydration due to any other medicine in past.
- Orcerin GM Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glucosamine sulphate is a chemical substance found in the fluid around the joints (synovial fluid). It helps the synthesis of synovial fluid which keeps the joints lubricated and provides better movement and flexibility. It promotes the built-up of cartilage thereby helping in joint repair, and reduces pain and improves its healing.read less
- Diacerein works by blocking the actions of a chemical substance called interleukin-1 beta, which leads to swelling, pain, and degradation of cartilage at the joints. It also helps in the built-up of cartilage thereby aiding in joint repair and healing.read less
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) acts as a nutritional supplement to the bones. It contains sulphur which is vital in the production of collagen and glucosamine, which in turn help in strengthening and repairing the bones and joints.read less
Directions for Use of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Orcerin GM Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, break or crush the tablet
- Take the tablet at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Check the expiry date before use.
Interactions of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Orcerin GM tablet works or Orcerin GM tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking, recently taken or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particularly, if you are on medicines used to treat acidity, immunosuppressant medicines like doxorubicin, etoposide, teniposide, medicines used to treat heart failure, high blood pressure and/ or antibiotics to treat certain medical conditions.read less
- Patients with uncontrolled diabetes must use this medicine with caution as concomitant use of Orcerin GM Tablet with antidiabetic medicine such as glipizide, glyburide, and metformin may decrease the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicines.read less
- Use of Orcerin GM Tablet with blood-thinning medicines like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the tablet if it has passed its expiry date
Dosage of Orcerin Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
Taking more than the recommended dosage of Orcerin GM Tablet can cause headache, dizziness, confusion, joint pain, nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhoea or constipation. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Orcerin GM Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally take more than the recommended dosage of Orcerin GM tablet?
- In case you take an excess of this medicine you may experience adverse reactions like headache, dizziness, confusion, joint pain, nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhoea or constipation. Please contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately in such a case.read less
Q: Can this medicine be given to children?
A: No, this medicine is recommended to be used only by adults and not in children below 18 years of age.
Q: I have experienced diarrhoea on taking this medicine, is it normal?
A: Diarrhoea is a common side effect of this medicine, typically during the initial phase of the treatment. This side effect is usually mild and short-lived. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, or persistent diarrhoea for many days.
Q: I have diabetes can I take Orcerin GM tablet.
A: Please talk to your doctor and inform him/her about your diabetes, also whether you are taking any antidiabetic medicines as this medicine can alter your blood glucose levels. Take this medicine only after being prescribed by your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹32.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Diacerein(50.0 Mg),Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride(750.0 Mg),Methyl Sulphonyl Methane(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoarthritis, Joint and Bone disorders|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion and drowsiness|
Last Updated on: 14 Apr 2021 | 10:06 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved