Ona 0.5mg Tablet
By D D PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ona tablet is s prescription medication. Treating various mood disorders such as anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and depression is the main use of Ona tablets. All types of mood disorders affect the way a person feels and behaves. There is no definite reason behind them, and sometimes common emotional reactions like worry, anger, etc., can trigger them. This tablet also reduces the frequency of epilepsy (seizures). Ona tablets have clonazepam as the main component. The mode of action of Ona tablets is by decreasing the excess action of exciting nerve cells in the brain. It acts by balancing certain chemical messengers and generating sensations of calm and well-being. The dosage of Ona tablets should be carefully checked as it may lead to physical dependence (symptoms return when the medicine is stopped). These tablets can also generate sudden changes in behaviour and mood. It increases suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Somnolence, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are a few of the expected side effects of Ona tablets. Suddenly discontinuing Ona tablets can result in withdrawal symptoms like involuntary shaking, sweating, sickness, muscle ache, etc....
|You Save||₹6.25 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizure disorder, Comorbid depression, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation, Suicidal thoughtsDizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation, Suicidal thoughts|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg)
Uses of Ona 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Ona tablets are used in treating symptoms associated with the treatment and management of many psychological conditions such as
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Anxiety disorder and Panic disorders (both are types of mood disorders)
- Comorbid depression (depression associated with other chronic disorders)
- Epileptic conditions such as myoclonic and akinetic seizures
- Absent seizure, when all other medicines have failed
Contraindications of Ona 0.5 MG
- The Ona tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any component of Ona medicine
- If you are seeing sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts
- If you have a previous history of substance or alcohol abuse/addiction
- If you have any respiratory diseases or lung conditions such as asthma or chronic pulmonary lung disease (COPD)
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you are diagnosed with Porphyria, a red blood cell-related disorder
- If you have an eye disorder such as narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye
Side effects of Ona 0.5 MG
- The Ona tablet has the following side effects:
- Memory impairment
- Double vision
- Difficulty talking
- Excess salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
- High lung secretion
Precautions and Warnings of Ona 0.5 MG
Can I take an Ona 0.5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
No, Ona tablets can be unsafe during pregnancy. A few studies have indicated a definite risk to unborn babies. But, the doctor may prescribe it during life-threatening conditions. Do not take Ona tablets without consulting your doctor.
Can I take an Ona 0.5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking Ona tablets as it might be unsafe during breastfeeding. There is not enough data available on the effects of Ona tablets on breastfed babies. A few studies have indicated that a small amount of this tablet can pass into the milk. So do not use Ona tablet without consulting your doctor.
Can I take an Ona 0.5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
No, do not drive after taking the Ona tablet. It might lead to side effects like sleepiness, lightheadedness, slow reflexes, nausea, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ona 0.5 mg tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with a Ona tablet. It can interfere with the process of Ona medicine and cause side effects such as drowsiness, vomiting, confusion, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You need to do anything that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You are an older patient over 65 years of age. Ona tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have withdrawal signs such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of Ona tablet needs to be slowly tapered.
- You have surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You start having suicidal thoughts or experience a change in mood or behaviour after taking Ona tablets.
- You notice any adverse effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
- You are obese. The dose needs to be monitored
- You have a kidney condition.
Mode of Action of Ona 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
The Ona tablet consists of a single active ingredient: clonazepam. It is an antidepressant medicine. It is also a tranquilliser (lowers symptoms of anxiety). It works by improving GABA activity (gamma-aminobutyric acid), a neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) in the brain. GABA reduces the abnormal or excessive activity of nerve cells in the brain without changing its levels in the body. It also has antiepileptic (lower frequency of seizures) and sedation properties....
Directions for Use of Ona 0.5 MG
- Take the Ona tablet as advised by your doctor in the prescribed dosage.
- Do not take more tablets or increase the dosage, even if you cannot notice their effects.
- Take Ona medicine with or without having food.
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water without breaking or chewing it.
- Tell your doctor if you want to take other medications with the Ona tablet.
- Do not take it if the package of this tablet is already opened.
Interactions of Ona 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Notify your doctor if you use sedatives or antidepressant pills such as MAO inhibitors before taking Ona medicine. The reactions between these medicines can cause serious unwanted effects. So a gap of minimum 14 days should be maintained if you want to use any of them....
- If you are using the Ona tablet, inform your doctor if you are in pain or have a fever. But do not self medicate on opioid or narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), anti-allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine with this tablet. It can cause extreme drowsiness....
- The dose of Ona tablets needs some adjustments with antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc. They can alter the effectiveness of Zicam.
- Ona tablet has a lot of medicinal interactions so notify your doctor about your entire medical history. Be cautious while taking other medicines with Ona tablets.
Interactions with food items
- It is always better to avoid drinks such as coffee, energy drinks and cola. Also, try to avoid eating lots of chocolate. All these products have high amounts of caffeine. It is a central nervous system stimulant and will lower the calming effects of the Ona tablet....
- Do not consume a lot of grapefruit juice if you use Ona tablets. It will increase the levels of Ona medication in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Ona 0.5 MG
Store Ona tablets in dry conditions and at room temperature. Keep these medicines away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humid conditions. Keep Ona Tablets away from children and pets. Dispose of the packaging carefully after use. Do not use the medicine if the package has been opened. Check the expiration date on the packaging before taking the tablet. If the tablets are past the expiration date, do not use them. Dispose of unused/expired medicine as biomedical waste....
Dosage of Ona 0.5 MG
Overdose on the Ona tablets can cause dizziness, tremors, drowsiness, convulsions, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Ona medicine and experience these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital nearby....
Missed a Dose
If you have forgotten a dose of the Ona tablet, take it as soon as you can. If you remember missing a dose of Ona tablet when it is already time for the next dose of Ona tablet, then skip the missed dose and take the next one. Do not take both of them at the same time, as it can cause an overdose. Talk to the doctor if you have any confusion or missed more than a few doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does using Ona tablet every day cause physical or psychological dependency?
A: Ona tablet can be an addictive medicine, especially if taken for a long time. It can also cause psychological and physical dependency. Do not take this if you have a history of addiction problems such as alcohol or recreational substance abuse. Ona medicine is supposed to be used only for a short while, and the dose should be monitored. Do not take it without consulting your doctor.
Q: How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Ona tablet? How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Ona tablet?
A: It will take at least a few days to start seeing the impact of the Ona tablet. The effect varies from person to person. So do not stop taking Ona tablet if you don't notice the effects right away.
Q: How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Ona tablet?
A: Ona tablets are sometimes given by doctors to treat sleeping disorders like insomnia, sleep apnea, and more. It is a tranquilliser and has sedative properties. However, it is only given for a short time for inducing sleep in sleeping disorders. Do not self medicate on it. Try to take it exactly in a way as advised by the doctor.
- Morishita S. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- KLONOPIN TABLETS (clonazepam). Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CZicamam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from
- The efficacy and safety of Zicam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience. 2016 [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.