Ona 0.5mg Tablet
Ona 0.5 MG Description
Ona tablet is s prescription medication. Treating various mood disorders such as anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and depression is the main use of Ona tablets. All types of mood disorders affect th
e way a person feels and behaves. There is no definite reason behind them, and sometimes common emotional reactions like worry, anger, etc., can trigger them. This tablet also reduces the frequency of epilepsy (seizures). Ona tablets have clonazepam as the main component. The mode of action of Ona tablets is by decreasing the excess action of exciting nerve cells in the brain. It acts by balancing certain chemical messengers and generating sensations of calm and well-being. The dosage of Ona tablets should be carefully checked as it may lead to physical dependence (symptoms return when the medicine is stopped). These tablets can also generate sudden changes in behaviour and mood. It increases suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Somnolence, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are a few of the expected side effects of Ona tablets. Suddenly discontinuing Ona tablets can result in withdrawal symptoms like involuntary shaking, sweating, sickness, muscle ache, etc.
|You Save||₹5.21 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizure disorder, Comorbid depression, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation, Suicidal thoughtsDizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation, Suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Ona 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Ona tablets are used in treating symptoms associated with the treatment and management of many psychological conditions such as
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Anxiety disorder and Panic disorders (both are types of mood disorders)
- Comorbid depression (depression associated with other chronic disorders)
- Epileptic conditions such as myoclonic and akinetic seizures
- Absent seizure, when all other medicines have failed
Contraindications of Ona 0.5 MG
- The Ona tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any component of Ona medicine
- If you are seeing sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts
- If you have a previous history of substance or alcohol abuse/addiction
- If you have any respiratory diseases or lung conditions such as asthma or chronic pulmonary lung disease (COPD)
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you are diagnosed with Porphyria, a red blood cell-related disorder
- If you have an eye disorder such as narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye
Side effects of Ona 0.5 MG
- The Ona tablet has the following side effects:
- Memory impairment
- Double vision
- Difficulty talking
- Excess salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
- High lung secretion
Precautions and Warnings of Ona 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You need to do anything that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You are an older patient over 65 years of age. Ona tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You have withdrawal signs such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of Ona tablet needs to be slowly tapered.
- You have surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You start having suicidal thoughts or experience a change in mood or behaviour after taking Ona tablets.
- You notice any adverse effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
- You are obese. The dose needs to be monitored
- You have a kidney condition.
Mode of Action of Ona 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ona 0.5 MG
- Take the Ona tablet as advised by your doctor in the prescribed dosage.
- Do not take more tablets or increase the dosage, even if you cannot notice their effects.
- Take Ona medicine with or without having food.
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water without breaking or chewing it.
- Tell your doctor if you want to take other medications with the Ona tablet.
- Do not take it if the package of this tablet is already opened.
Interactions of Ona 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Notify your doctor if you use sedatives or antidepressant pills such as MAO inhibitors before taking Ona medicine. The reactions between these medicines can cause serious unwanted effects. So a gap of minimum 14 days should be maintained if you want to use any of them....
- If you are using the Ona tablet, inform your doctor if you are in pain or have a fever. But do not self medicate on opioid or narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), anti-allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine with this tablet. It can cause extreme drowsiness....
- The dose of Ona tablets needs some adjustments with antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc. They can alter the effectiveness of Zicam.
- Ona tablet has a lot of medicinal interactions so notify your doctor about your entire medical history. Be cautious while taking other medicines with Ona tablets.
Interactions with food items
- It is always better to avoid drinks such as coffee, energy drinks and cola. Also, try to avoid eating lots of chocolate. All these products have high amounts of caffeine. It is a central nervous system stimulant and will lower the calming effects of the Ona tablet....
- Do not consume a lot of grapefruit juice if you use Ona tablets. It will increase the levels of Ona medication in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Ona 0.5 MG
Dosage of Ona 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does using Ona tablet every day cause physical or psychological dependency?
Q: How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Ona tablet? How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Ona tablet?
Q: How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Ona tablet?
- Morishita S. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- KLONOPIN TABLETS (clonazepam). Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CZicamam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from
- The efficacy and safety of Zicam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuroscience. 2016 [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 Mar 2022]. Available from: