Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10's
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of three active ingredients- Olmesartan, cilnidipine and chlorthalidone
. High blood pressure is one of the critical health condition that, if not treated, it may affect organs like the brain, kidneys, etc. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure. It is recommended to limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking....
Uses of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
- Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet is used of the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
- If you are allergic to any ingredients present in Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have any pre-existing health condition such as liver or kidney problem, heart-related disorder, gout,
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking aliskiren to treat high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from severe low blood pressure or experienced shock recently.
- As it is a combination of 3 different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby as it may cause harm to your unborn baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and immediately consult your doctor.
Can I take Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating the treatment. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet?
Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet may make you dizzy or tired, thus you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an underlying medical conditions such very low blood pressure, heart disorder, liver or kidney problem, diabetes, problems with your adrenal glands etc.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet.
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have severe diarrhea or/and vomiting.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water pills (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet is not recommended for use in children.
- You are in elderly category of people that is 65 years old.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning to have a baby.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like ramipril, lisinopril, aliskiren etc.
Mode of Action of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
- Olmesartan and cilnidipine works by blocking a natural enzyme Angiotensin II in the body, that causes the blood vessels to tighten. Thus helps in relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to floweasily....Read more
- Chlorthalidone works by controlling the blood pressure by removing the excess water from the body. Thereby, increase in the urine is the outcome.
Directions for Use of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
- Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet should be taken as directed by the physician.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is recommended to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any interaction with this combination of medicine.
- Especially if you are taking potassium supplements, water pills, blood thinning medications like heparin, medicines used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation like ibuprofen, aceclofenac, medicines for lowering the cholesterol, anti-epileptic medicines, other blood pressure medicines, certain antacids....Read more
- Concomitant use of Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet along with brain-related disorder like lithium is not recommended.
Interactions with food items
- It is recommended to avoid foods rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli, banana, potatoes, etc.
Storage and disposal of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
- Store Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olkem Trio 12.5/10/40mg Tab 10'S
Overdose of Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc.). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such sympt
om or feel that you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet , then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How and when to take Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet?
A: This medicine may be taken with or without food but preferably in the daytime and also at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. You will be instructed by your doctor when and how to take Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet.
Q: What could be the life style modifications I have to do while I am on the treatment with Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet?
- It is recommended to have a low fat and low salt diet.
- Perform regular and mild exercises
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking.
Q: Can I stop taking Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet after blood pressure comes to normal?
A: No, do not stop taking Olkem Trio 12.5 tablet suddenly as it may result in chest pain or a sudden rise in blood pressure.
- Cilnikem OM [Internet]. Alkemlabs.com. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Cilnikem CT 6.25 [Internet]. Alkemlabs.com. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- CENTAPRES-Centaurpharma.com. [cited 2021 Jul 26]
- Olmesartan medoxomil 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 July 2021]
- Olmesartan medoxomil 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 July 2021]
|You Save||₹38.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg),Cilnidipine(10.0 Mg),Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizzines,nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion|
Last Updated on: 16 Aug 2021 | 07:11 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved