Oline Plus Tablets
Oline Plus Tablets Description
Oline Plus Tablet is an antipsychotic medication used to treat schizophrenia, psychosis, binge eating, and vomiting in people suffering from bulimia nervosa, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and b
ipolar disorder. Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't real) and delusions are common symptoms of schizophrenia. Manic bouts of exhilaration or despair characterise bipolar disorder. Fluoxetine and Olanzapine are the active ingredients in the Oline Plus Tablet. It works by raising the quantity of serotonin in your body, a natural chemical messenger found in the brain that aids in mental balance. It also works by correcting the overactivity of dopamine (chemical messenger) by decreasing its level in the brain. It is recommended that you continue to use the same for as long as your doctor has prescribed it after examining your medical condition. Drowsiness, lightheadedness, restlessness, irritability, tremor, dry mouth, constipation, increased appetite, excessive exhaustion, decreased libido, swelling of the hands or feet, or weight gain are all common adverse effects of Oline Plus Tablet. If any of these adverse effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor.
|You Save||₹8.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluoxetine(20.0 Mg) + Olanzapine(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Psychosis, Bulimia nervosa, Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Tremor, Stomach upset, Constipation, Orthostatic Hypotension (drop in blood pressure when you stand up from lying down or sitting), Weight gain, Headache, Increase in body fat and cholesterol, Running nose and cough, Loss of libido, Change in personality|
Uses of Oline Plus Tablets
- Bulimia nervosa
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Oline Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to olanzapine or any other ingredients in this medicine.
- If you have a medical history of glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you already are on monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MOI).
Side effects of Oline Plus Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Orthostatic Hypotension (drop in blood pressure when you stand up from lying down or sitting)
- Weight gain
- Chest pain
- Running nose and cough
- Loss of libido
Precautions and Warnings of Oline Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes.
- You have muscular disorders.
- You have an elevated risk of suicidal ideation.
- You notice any changes in your body weight.
- You have dementia, central nervous system depression, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), tardive dyskinesia, and seizure disorders, which may worsen the patient's condition.
- Orthostatic hypotension: To avoid an abrupt drop in blood pressure, patients are encouraged to rise from a sitting or lying position carefully. Fainting, dizziness, lightheadedness, and other symptoms should be reported to a doctor as soon as possible. It may be necessary to keep a close eye on your blood pressure in some situations....
- Monotherapy: Because the safety and efficacy of this treatment in children under the age of 13 have not been clinically verified, it is not advised for use in children under 13.
- Combination therapy: Because the safety and efficacy of this medicine have not been clinically verified, it is not indicated for use in children under ten.
Mode of Action of Oline Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oline Plus Tablets
- The dosage and duration of the Oline plus are prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, bite or break.
- This medicine should be taken before or after the meal.
- If the patient develops any unfavourable side effects, they should see a doctor. Confirm that the treatment course has been finished.
Interactions of Oline Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Oline plus may interact with the following other medicines and cause severe side effects that can harm you. If you are on any of these medicines, please consult your doctor:
- Benzodiazepines or anti-anxiety medicines (lorazepam and diazepam)
- Opioid analgesics (tramadol and codeine)
- Antidiabetic medicines (acarbose)
- Amlodipine (treats high blood pressure)
- Cetirizine (antiallergic)
- Atropine (treats slow heart rate)
- Warfarin (anticoagulant)
- Phenytoin (antiepileptic)
- Dextromethorphan (cough suppressant)
Interactions with food items
- Oline Plus Tablet isn't known to cause any interaction with any food.
Storage and disposal of Oline Plus Tablets
Dosage of Oline Plus Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Rashika Tripathi
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology